What's new

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back DVD Trailer? (1 Viewer)

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
I've been reading reviews and looking at the screenshots for the upcoming "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" DVD, but one thing puzzles me. Is the theatrical trailer on it. I saw the internet trailers and TV spots are on it, but no theatrical trailer. I know that given the amount of goodies that are on the disc, this isn't that big a deal, but theatrical trailers on DVDs are just something I've come to expect over the past few years. Sorta like an old friend.:)
Derek

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
When a trailer is not a disc you can attribute it to music rights most of the time. In a few rare cases, a trailer may be excluded for legal reasons.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Honestly, though, how many times are you actually going to watch the trailer?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
When I downloaded the two internet trailers and the theatrical one I watched them so many times that some of the jokes weren't as funny when I went to see the flick. You're better off without the trailer on this one. If there is one on there though I may watch it once after the film but I don't really bother to watch it again.

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
I actually watch the trailers more than once because as a film student, I find it interesting how studios market their films.

Derek

Shad R

Supporting Actor
I can't find any reviews about the dvd...anywhere on the internet! where are they, what websites???

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Internet trailer only,

the movie's pretty good, lots of swearing and in-jokes.

was funny seeing the Clerks crew in colour and 2.35.

haven't checked out the sound yet...will do today.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
But the good thing is that the two internet trailers are included, uncut.

Both of these couldn't pass MPAA standards for wide release.

Hilarious, can't wait to see the 50 deleted scenes.

-Chad

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
50 deleted scenes is awesome, and all with intro's from Kevin. Reading that review, when they mentioned that it's original rating was NC-17 I was wondering if that material would be in the deleted scenes.
I'm glad that it is, especially to see what Mewes says when those hookers come up to him. I remember seeing a TV Spot a few weeks ago (only came out 24th Jan), and it had that scene in it with the hookers disgusted and walking off. Should be hilarious :)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I like trailers on the disc for this reason. I keep an local HTML page on my machine, that has a small 150x212 cover scan of a lot of my DVD's in alphabetical order, with a bulleted text list at the bottom. When you click on the pictures or links, the trailers for the movies play. I find it entertaining, and something I'm still working on.

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Yes, the 50 deleted scenes is awesome. I wonder how much total running time that is. Gotta be over an hour!

luke cav

Stunt Coordinator
You do get to see the scooby doo crew deleted scene of a dream within a dream with Scooby doo with a stoner Bones, quite amuzing.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Just finished watching disc 1. Haven't seen the film before now since it hasn't even come to Norway yet. Anyway... Must say I'm a little dissapointed in the movie. It started out great, but somewhere along the line it just became to much I think, at least within the laws of the View Askew Universe. Maybe I just need to watch it again... :)
As I said, only watched disc 1 and for the most part I agree with the viewaskew review, except for some minor problems. The Dolby 5.1 soundtrack (at 448kbps no less) is actually pretty good, except it doesn't make much use of the rear sound channels. Dialog is clear, sound effects are well represented (I guess) and it actually contains alot of bass.
The video is also pretty good. The colors are a bit subdued and looks a lot like Dogma in that respect. Personally I thought the transfer was a little too soft and unfortunatly there is some minor artifacting here and there (nothing to distracting). Very little EE. Pretty good transfer.
PS Check out the intro for the 2nd deleted scene. Kevin Smith learns his daughter to say 'crap'. Funny.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
For me and other Askew-holics its a must have. It's definately fun the whole way through. The main criticism that I have seen with the flick is that there is way to much profanity and that it becomes old. But this is Jay and Silent Bob we are talking about its a trait of Jay's to be extrememly vulgar. :)

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
Jens

I would recommend it.

I have only seen Dogma, and the last half of Mallrats, and there was still plenty of amusing stuff in there. There are lots of puns on stuff other than Kevin Smith films.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Jens: While you'll probably leave the experience a few IQ points lighter, it's defineately a fun experience. I already have it on preorder.

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
AaronMK & Adam Lenhardt:
I now have the disc on preorder, and I hold you guys responsible if I don´t like it!!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks