What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Jason Bourne 6 (2025)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Overall, the JB movies have been solid entertainments, so there's that. But I find myself not very excited at the prospect of another one. Maybe because I can't see where they can take it.

YANG

Screenwriter
hmmm...
the Brits have their JB... named as James Bond.
the Yanks have their JB as well... named as Jason Bourne.

if the character name of Jason Bourne is not an alias, JB6 might turn into a finale, or just another continual episode to JB character. however, what if the name Jason Bourne is an ALIAS? will JB6 turns into Matts final appearance as JB? until we see some hint on the plot, we could either see it as a finale, or just another episode to the franchise.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Unless Tony Gilroy is brought back as the writer I'm not anticipating this. The 5th film sorely missed his writing. In truth the series could have just stopped at ultimatum, it actually felt like the perfect end.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There are plenty of books upon which to base a new film, though the films have re-written much of the original story so I'm not sure if they could connect the recent books to the film series.

Eric Van Lustbader has actually written more Bourne novels (12) than Robert Ludlum (3), and Brian Freeman has also written a new trilogy recently. Plus there's a Treadstone spinoff with 3-4 novels centered on a different agent.

Last edited:

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I remember Matt Damon pitching the title The Bourne Redundancy, when asked by an interviewer if there would be any more sequels after Ultimatum.

If they need title suggestions for part 6, how about Bourne Again, Bourne Free, Bourne on the Fourth of July, or a prequel called Bourne Yesterday?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I saw and liked the original trilogy very much but dropped off after that.

Deadline's article on this yesterday said that Universal hasn't asked Matt Damon yet and won't until a script is complete. That seems backwards to me. It seems to me that they should get a yes or no from Damon first because it will be a very different movie if he is not in it versus if he is.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
the Yanks have their JB as well... named as Jason Bourne.
You forgot Jack Bauer as well.
we could either see it as a finale, or just another episode to the franchise.
They already had a finale. It was The Bourne Ultimatum. Then Universal got greedy. They're not going to give up making stuff out of this valuable IP.

My interest dropped after I started reading the books and found they'd basically changed EVERYTHING.
I haven't read the books, but that was always my understanding that they basically took the title pattern and that's it. I understand why that would be upsetting to fans of the books. But just looking at them as movies unto themselves, I think the trilogy is pretty good. I wasn't interested in Legacy without Damon and when he did come back for the fifth one, the reviews and reactions kept me away.

If they ever do decide to totally reboot the franchise after Damon walks away, that actually gives them an avenue to go down, because a potential redo could actually follow the stories written in the books.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I haven't read the books, but that was always my understanding that they basically took the title pattern and that's it.

Which is largely the same as the James Bond films.

I understand why that would be upsetting to fans of the books. But just looking at them as movies unto themselves, I think the trilogy is pretty good. I wasn't interested in Legacy without Damon and when he did come back for the fifth one, the reviews and reactions kept me away.

I'm one of the few who liked The Bourne Legacy. I was sorry it didn't do well enough to keep an Aaron Cross spin-off going. It might've been amusing if Jeremy Renner ended up hopping around from Avengers movies, M:I movies, and JB movies.

I found it hilarious that a lot of people asked, "Why is it called The Bourne Legacy if Jason Bourne isn't in it?" :rolleyes:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I’ve always seen Bourne as the Seinfeld of spy movies…

…I’ll let you finish that yourself if you get the drift of my sick burn.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks