What's new

Japanese controller? (1 Viewer)

DerekM

Agent
Anybody know where I can find a pic of the Japanese version of the x-box controller? Thx.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Does Microsoft have any plans to release that controller here in the States? I would think that plenty of people would want the smaller version, as it does look to be a bit more comfortable than the one we have here in America.

brian a

Second Unit
I had a chance to play both systems for a few minutes today in a Toys-R-Us while shopping, and I really dug the X-box controller. I have pretty smallish hands as well. I thought the Cube controller felt a lot more flimsy after playing the box. is that something that passes? It's hard to form an opinion after only 10 minutes of each, so I wondered if people grow more comfortable with the controller over time, or if you like or dislike the fit instantly and it stays that way.

brianca

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Does Microsoft have any plans to release that controller here in the States?
Actually they are planning on doing just that, it should be released a little after the Japan launch.
here's another picture:
JapanXbox.jpg

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I got used to the size and button placement of the controller after 30 minutes or so. After you're used to it, though, everything else seems poorly made in comparison, it's a weird thing. When I first held it, my immediate reaction was "oh my god this is awkwardly huge" just like everyone else, but I definately got used to it. I dare say I've grown to like it.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I like the placement of the black and white buttons! Dammit, that's the only complaint I have with the current xbox controllers...they're too far for my fingers! Oh well. It's better than the DC and N64 controllers for my hands anyways. :)

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
I'm buying one of those - for the girlfriend. i'll keep the regular controllers; they work just fine for me.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I'll definitely be picking one of these up. I dont have many major complaints about the current controller but the placement of the black and white buttons and the fully round buttons make this one worthwhile!!

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
When I finally get around to getting my box, this will be a must buy! If only for the button placement alone...

Calvin

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I dunno-I think that the black & white and start & back buttons are even more awckward in the japanese controller. Personally, I love the huge controllers. Add to this the amazing idea of the LONG cord (I have no idea why nobody else has done this yet) and we have a winner.

Trevor_J

Second Unit
Personally, I love the huge controllers. Add to this the amazing idea of the LONG cord (I have no idea why nobody else has done this yet) and we have a winner.
Yes, I'm really loving the Xbox controller. I just finished a marathon session of Halo (4 hrs) and my hands are not tired. Also, I have to give MS major Kudos for the detachable cord. Since I've had my Xbox my daughters have probably tripped on the cable about a dozen times. That detachable cord undoubtedly has saved my Xbox. It's great that they included extra long cables but I'm finding them too short. My equipment rack is about 11 ft from the centre of my couch so I'm having to sit off center in order for the cord to reach. Does anyone know if there's an extension cable available for these controllers yet?

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Gawd I love this controller too. The breakaway feature is wonderful, and it's nice and big for big hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks