What's new

January Criterions (1 Viewer)

Ronn.W

Second Unit

How do those prices stack up against DDD when they have their 20% off sale?

I'll be getting Border Radio and Monsters and Madmen. I have to agree, $79.99 is a tad high for M&M, but I don't think that's the price any of us will have to pay for it. Like previously mentioned twice, there are retailers where you should be able to get it much cheaper. I would expect to pay no more tham $39 for it, or at least in that neighborhood.

Like Carlos said, Criterion is not out to skin the consumer. Along with everything else he mentioned, you also have to consider that they put a lot of cash into creating new features or licensing material sources to use as special features. Those can cost as much as, and sometimes more than, the film itself.

Criterions do cost more than the average disc, but since I've gotten the cost of the average disc down to about $6-8 over the years by collecting smart, paying a higher price on the occasional Criterion doesn't bug me so much.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
"Monsters and Madmen" is the only title that interests me. I'll have to search for a discounted offering. I have the Image versions which are lacking IMHO.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I agree, if the Seven Samurai release is any indication, the Yojimbo/Sanjuro set will be awesome! On a side note the press release pointed out an interesting piece of information that I wasn't aware of

Ronn.W

Second Unit
They have got some great cover art for those releases. Heck, I'd almost buy them just for that. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks