What's new

itunes meets, Windows meets Johnny Canuck. (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Hey, for all of us Canadians that are jealous of the yanks because they have the itunes store and we don't, well no need anymore. There is a new service that I just found called puretracks.com
that is pretty much the same as itunes only on a much smaller scale. They sell wma files either one at a time or if you buy an entire album you get a bulk discount. Songs range from 99 cents to about a buck thirty nine.
Just thought I would let y'all know about it.

Luc D

Second Unit
Is it just me or is 99 cents, let alone 1 dollar and 39 cents, really not much of a bargain. You're paying the same amount as you would for a cd, only without the case and booklet. Personally, I would only start to be interested if it cost half that.

Sathyan

Second Unit
have to be a Canadian resident...

The real advantage of internet distribution is the elimination of national borders but no one is doing it. Living in the US, American pop is cheap enough ($15 or less) but imports remain expensive (Alizee's new album is $50!!!). Some venture needs to solve this problem.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Is it just me or is 99 cents, let alone 1 dollar and 39 cents, really not much of a bargain. You're paying the same amount as you would for a cd, only without the case and booklet. Personally, I would only start to be interested if it cost half that.
Actually I wrote them a letter stating that exactly. I argued that since the company does not have to pay for the duplication, distribution etc, that they should make this a lot more competitive.
I used the new Sloan album as an example. You can download it for $13.99 yet I could go to the local Futureshop and buy it artwork, tracklist and all for $14.99.
I said that they should be selling the wma's at 50-75 cents per and also offer the artwork to be downloaded at say 25 cents a pop.

Then again, itunes is selling for 99cents a pop and they are selling millions.

Heh, on the other hand (I'm being my own devil's advocate here) isn't the point of this to only get the songs you want? It's better to pay $1.98 for the two songs that you like from the album rather than $14.99 for the whole album which is generally 90% filler to go with the 2 good tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks