What's new

Italian R2 "Satan Bug" DVD & Subtitles (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone out there own this DVD? Are the Italian subtitles during the English language track REALLY unremovable???? :frowning: :frowning: What is the quality of the DVD? Thanks! :)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'll be more precise. Does anyone own this DVD and a multi-regional JVC XVSA-70 player? If so, can the player turn off the forced Italian Subs? Thanks.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Fortunately I have a letterboxed Laserdisc of the film. I guess I'll be holding on to it for a few years. :rolleyes::rolleyes

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I found about this edition today at Xploited Cinema

My player (Pioneer 757ai) can remove locked-subs quite easily simply by playing the movie, pressing STOP once and once only, going to the audio menu and switching the subs off and then pressing PLAY. I have been told that this works for all Pioneer players.

It's a fine, suspenseful movie - a real timecapsule gem and the transfer is said to be quite good.

There are editions available in Sweden and Norway:

www.videonova.no - $15.95

www.dvd.no - $7.69

I have not used these sites yet.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad for you Gordon. Assuming Mark_Wilson is correct, I'm out of luck. But who knows, I may take a chance & see if it works with my player despite what Mark_Wilson says.
:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks