What's new

Is the Sony KV-34XBR910 my final answer? (1 Viewer)

Mark:F

Stunt Coordinator
My HDTV box ain't working right, getting it looked at today so who knows what I'll end up with.
The currect box requires that settings changes be done at the box, not by remote. Anyway,I haven't yet been able to use Dwight's idea.
GeorgeAB: Most reviews have referred to the lack of input memories. This is true to a point. The settings for each of the 4 picture choices: Pro, Vivid, Movie and Standard, are remembered. What is not remembered is the choice itself. If for example I watch TV on the Standard setting and prefer movies using the Movie setting I must change the setting if I go from TV to a movie, but the Movie settings themselves will have been remembered so no adjustments are necessary.

ChongLM

Auditioning
I caught hold of The Perfect Vision magazine last week and then it came upon me that the remote control used in US is VERY different from mine in Singapore.

My remote had the 4 directional cursor pad at the top, and it also had a button that selects the 2 HD Component video inputs (not present in the US version), rather than cycling through the video 1, video 2, video 3 etc before it goes to HD input.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Matthew Anderson, Mark:F et al.:

Thanks for the link to the thorough PV review, Matthew.

Mark, per your post #8, do you still have a (SU34XBR1?) stand you are not needing?

Also, is anyone using a Pioneer 563A DVD/SACD player with the 34XBR910? I'm wanting to learn of any aspect ratio control and player/set (in)compatibility issues . . .

Paul

Mark:F

Stunt Coordinator
Paul.S.....yes I still have the stand, but I'm sure you saw the other one available in LA area....if that doesn't work out you could have mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks