What's new

Iron Maiden: Death on the Road CD/DVD thread. (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Cd is out everywhere but the US who gets it Oct 4th. (I got mine from Canada) :D Its a great show that I got to see myself Jan 04

It is a very good CD alongside Live After Death and Rock in Rio. Pacendale live: Nuff said. :)

DVD is out next month methinks.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Cool, didn't know about that!

Of course, it may be a couple of years before I finish going through all the goodies on their last DVD release (which was only "Part 1")!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Aaron,
Part 2 comes out next year which chronicles Powerslave, Live After Death and Somewherwe in Time; with a tour recreating the Egyptian set from Powerslave! :eek:

Its a good time to be a Maiden fan. :D

Up the Irons!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I assume that's the original Live After Death video they're including. I was hoping for that! :D

Up the Irons!!!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Yes from what I understand LAD will be included in Pt2. The new tour following the DVD release will recreate the Powerslave set.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Oh, you meant an actual tour recreating that stage!!! I thought you were just talking about the disc!

ZOUNDS!!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

(I wonder if they'll smash a statue of Isis in the image of Sharon Osbourne. . . :sillygrin:)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Yep! I read an interview with Bruce where he talked about the new disc, tour, and the Sharon incident.

How big is your Maiden collection?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I don't have much in the way of rare stuff. I have all the studio releases and most of the live releases on CD (plus some vinyl and cassettes) -- not sure off the top of my head which of the many different releases I have of each one. :) I also have the Rock In Rio, The Early Days Part 1, Classic Albums: Number Of The Beast, and Raising Hell DVDs.

I *almost* got that CD set in the metal tin with all the rare and B-side stuff, but haven't gotten around to it yet. :)

How big is your collection?

Oh, by the way, I have a blue denim jacket with a full-size back patch of the cover art from Somewhere In Time, but it doesn't really fit so good anymore. :)

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

Have you watched the documentary? Great stuff. Most of their ex-members look like longshoremen these days (Dennis Stratton, Doug Sampson).

I think the rarest thing I have in my Maiden collection (apart from some British pic-discs) is the "Metal for Muthas" compilation LP of NWOBHM bands, which features two songs from "The Soundhouse Tapes," the Holy Grail of Maiden collectibles.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I have the compilation that was put together by Lars Ulrich (the cover had a lot of B&W photos of different bands). I forget the name of it though -- haven't given it a listen in a long time.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
That's not the one I'm talking about. I've never owned the comp put together by Lars, as I had most of the tracks on the original releases by the original artists. I kinda wish I had it now, though.

"Metal for Muthas" was compiled by legendary UK metal DJ Neal Kaye (he's mentioned a lot in the "Early Years" documentary, and contains tracks by Maiden and forgotten NWOBHM bands like Praying Mantis, the E.F. Band, Sledgehammer, and a band called Toad the Wet Sprocket (but not the early 90's American act of the same name).

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

I have all the Remastered studio CDs except the two Blaze releases.(Cant get into his voice) Im also missing Donington and Live/Dead One. (Sound like crap but Ill get them eventually). The Archive tin is awesome as mentioned before.

I also have Powerslave, Live, Piece, Beast and Somewhere on vinyl.

DVDs: Rio, Visions, Early Years 1

I also have several "unoffical" shows. ;)

Edited to add:
I forgot to mention I have the Dance of Death DVD-A and The Trooper Limited Ed blue 7in vinyl

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Forgotten?!?!?! By you, maybe! :D

I actually have a CD of "Praying Mantis featuring Paul Di'anno And Dennis Stratton." I think it's from the early '90s.

Damnit, now I need that tin. Can't swing the $$$ right now, though ($175 at Amazon! My local CC used to have it for about $70, ugh). I should've asked *before* the baby was born. ;)

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I shouldn't have used "forgotten." I don't know what I was thinking. I remember these bands fondly (Saxon, Tygers of Pan Tang, Blitzkrieg, Jaguar, Samson, Diamond Head, A-II-Z...I really need to get a new turntable). I have Praying Mantis' "Time Tells No Lies" LP from the early 80s.

If you really wanna reminisce about the NWOBHM, check out NWOBHM.com. Oh, the memories!

It was my favorite time to be a metalhead, there was something "pure" about it all: bands with unbridled energy and aggression. No poofy hair and make-up, no brooding in flannel, no hip-hop influence or samples anywhere.

I didn't realize the Maiden tin was OOP. I have one of the initial printing, whichis is OOP, but I thought there was a re-pressing.

Rob_D

Agent
Iron Maiden was my first concert!!! 1984 in Connecticut (Powerslave Tour). Can't say I have a huge Maiden collection as I'm not too fond of much post Powerslave, although they were superb live recently (NYC/MSG 2003)

I have the first 5 cds (newer remasters), Iron Maiden & Killers (2cd Castle remasters) and the 2 cd Beast Over Hammersmith from the Eddie's Archive box($12.99 on eBay!!). I also have the Early Days Part 1 dvd.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Hey, thanks for the link to the BNRmetal site. I forgot all about that site, and I must say, it's better than it's ever been.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Can't wait for this. I'm a big Maiden fan myself, have all the studio albums, all the live ones, and Eddie's Archive, plus Visions of the Beast, Rock in Rio DVD, and Part 1 of their history DVD. I also have the second edition of their Run to the Hills Biography (Brave New World era). Only thing currently out that I don't have is the Ed Hunter compilation and Eddie the Great. Figure those are all repeats of what I have elsewhere, no need to pick them up.

Live Maiden is always a thing to behold. Rock in Rio even managed to displace Live After Death as my favorite live Maiden, there was just an energy about that show that was absolutely amazing. Hallowed Be Thy Name was great, and Fear of the Dark was absolutely amazing.

I just hope this album won't be copy protected. Despite my love of Maiden, I absolutely refuse to buy copy protected music, and not even a new live Maiden CD is enough to get me to break that boycott.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
This thread reminded me about Tygers of Pan Tang. Too bad their first two albums aren't available domestically. I wasn't much of a fan of Wildcat, but Spellbound was great. I assume others have picked up the Riot reissues? I thought I had more than just Fire Down under... hmmm, better check the racks and see if the database is outdated.

I'm curious what Brian has to say about my new album, he liked the old one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks