What's new

IR or Burn In (1 Viewer)

got2eyes

Auditioning
Real Name
Mario
I just purchased a Panasonic ST50 60 inch plasma..Will using closed caption cause Image Retention or Burn In ?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Maybe if this is what you watch with subtitles...

The best thing you can do to prevent any chance of permanent damage to your display is to properly calibrate the set or in the very least, take it out of "Vivid" mode or equivalent and switch to "Cinema" or "Movie" (not sure specifically what options your set will have in the video setup).

The first couple hundred hours are the most critical - so for the first couple months, try to limit the amount of 4x3 stuff you watch, don't leave it on the same channel all the time. After that, you should be fine.

got2eyes

Auditioning
Real Name
Mario
Jason Charlton said:
Maybe if this is what you watch with subtitles...
:)
The best thing you can do to prevent any chance of permanent damage to your display is to properly calibrate the set or in the very least, take it out of "Vivid" mode or equivalent and switch to "Cinema" or "Movie" (not sure specifically what options your set will have in the video setup).
The first couple hundred hours are the most critical - so for the first couple months, try to limit the amount of 4x3 stuff you watch, don't leave it on the same channel all the time.  After that, you should be fine.
Thanx for the info....greatly appreciater

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I would run the TV through a 24hr constant use loop for 7-8 days. 200hrs and the break in of the phosphors is complete, then the CC shouldn't matter.

got2eyes

Auditioning
Real Name
Mario
schan1269 said:
I would run the TV through a 24hr constant use loop for 7-8 days. 200hrs and the break in of the phosphors is complete, then the CC shouldn't matter.
I am doing that as we speak...I am running color slides from D-nice posts from Hi Def Junkie.....He recommends 100 continuous hours of his color slides..Then he also provides specific settings for for the ST50 series...all of which is posted on hidefjunkie.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks