What's new

IR Interference from Receiver (1 Viewer)

BobK

Grip
Long time observer, first time poster!!

I have what I consider a basic question. I have an older Denon AVR 3000 that I use for whole house audio. It is located in my basement home theater. I use a Xantech smart pad in my great room and other IR sender modules throuhout the house to send IR signals to the receiver. My problem is that the amplifiers in the receiver seem to send a signal back through the IR wire that is ran along side the receiver to the IR sender modules located throughout the house. They have red LEDs on them and they glow with the beat of the music. Do they make a shielded IR emitter wire that I can use along the receiver? If not, any suggestions on how to eliminate the interference?

thanks

Bob:

BobK

Grip
Thanks for the idea of looking up Xantech's web site, Jerry. I don't know why I didn't think of it.
Went to the Xantech web site and downloaded a pdf file for trouble shooting. Their advice was to put a 470 ohm resistor in parellel with the ground and IR signal line.
I did that.
Now I have no interference wthen listening to the CD player or the Satelite dish music channels.
But I still have interference when using the Denon tuner.:frowning:
Since all other devices seem to work fine, it rules out the amplifier section of the receiver. I've sent Xantech's tech service an e-mail detailing the problem. Any one else have any ideas to eliminate the interference? There is absolutely no control through the Smart Pad once the tuner is selected. Looks like way to much interference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks