What's new

Interesting deal at Parts Express (1 Viewer)

Anthony F.

Stunt Coordinator
In the recent Parts Express flyer, they're advertising a sub kit using the 10" Titanic and a 250W amp. The kit comes with finished 3/4" MDF and some really cool looking spikes. The cost is $349 with all the parts included and is listed as a "1 hour kit". You can see the kit here --enter part number 300-739. While I'm not arguing that this is in the league of the big time projects put together here, this might be a nice alternative for someone that wants better than commercial performance, but doesn't want the full DIY experience. What do you think?

Anthony F.

Stunt Coordinator
Just went to Adire Audio's site. I'm guessing this kit is competing with the upcoming Rava sub that lists for $399. This is interesting since I didn't think that either of these drivers did as well when placed in smaller, sealed cabinets. Any thoughts?

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Anthony
Probably the primary item to consider is that a 12" driver will move close to double the amount of air when compared to a 10" driver. This should answer any question as to which is a better choice for a sub.
Generally speaking the larger the box the more efficient the sub, and the deeper it will play. But for people with limited space, a small sealed box is a good compromise

Anthony F.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Thomas. This was more of an FYI for folks who might want options different from the usual mass market subs. I've already built one using a 12" driver. Maybe this topic would be better served in the hardware section.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks