What's new

Integra 10.5/Onky DV-SP1000 thread (1 Viewer)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
I'm seriously considering taking the Hail Mary shot on this Onkyo 1000. I can get it for $1675 legit authorized, $40 3 day shipping, and $90 for a 4 year extended warranty.

I'm debating between this, the Denon 3910, and the Pioneer 59 which I can get for about $989, also legit.

The trick is: Is the Onkyo really THAT much better? Ya feeling me?

Certainly the feedback I've gotten thus far from any owner of the Onkyo and Integra has been nothing short of awe.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
Isnt that more than you payed for ALL of your HTDs.

Hey, what DVDs have you been watching lately?

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Yeah, it's pretty pricey, Rob. I kind of view this as my fantasy long ball player. ;)

I just recently watched The Untouchables Special Edition that came out. I can't believe that thing is almost 20 years old already. Good stuff! :emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Man, I don't know... With HD-DVD just around the corner... I'm still waiting to see what Secret's has to say about them both.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Even Kris has said on AVS (I know you've seen it as I have, since I'm Q over there) that he's expecting great things from these units.

Certainly the people that have already gotten them and A/B with Denon 3910's and all have been amazed with it.

That's knocking Denon or anyone else. That's just a credit to awesome this unit is.

I'm tempted at $1675 for the Onyo...very tempted... I know that I'll have an amazing player for years to come, and when HD-DVD does come around, absolute worse case scenario, I have an amazing audio player for years still.

That's how I view any purchase I'm going to make now.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
I'm amazed at the lack of hits I'm seeing in regards to these two AMAZING players.

I'll tell ya, I found an authorized dealer for the Onkyo 1000 that is having a sale until 11-16-04 of a price a good $500+ BELOW MSRP! I just pulled the trigger!

Ideally, I wanted to wait a couple of months to see what ultimately became of the Yamaha s2500 and get a few more paychecks under my belt. I wasn't counting on an insane sale like this.

I'm excited! Great news: Onkyo has just contacted several of their customers. A firmware is soon forthcoming to fix any potential HDMI-DVI handshake issues. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks