What's new

Insomnia: Anyone else have it? (1 Viewer)

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
I read somewhere that if you try to picture a vast landscape in your head it will help you fall asleep. Something about it being hard for the brain to picture large scenery and that results in you falling asleep quicker. I've had insomnia for the longest now. Ever since I used to work from midnight to 7am. Now I just sleep every other day that I don't have school and if I'm lucky catch 2 or 3 hours every night.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
A bunch of researchers think they have found another effective treatment for insomnia:
Link Removed.
Basically, you go to the sleep clinic, and they record your own brain waves, and play them back to you on a tape when you go to bed! Amazingly, it seems to work...it's one hell of a biofeedback process!

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
Yes, I suffered from occassional INSOMNIA for years...that's why I got into DVD. Because the movies shown on TV during the early morning hours are usually pretty bad...and I want to watch what I want, when I want.

I've noticed that my insomnia gets worse when there's something weighing on my mind. [job anxiety, family stress, financial, etc.]. As soon as the problem is resolved, the insomnia lessens.

According to your profile, you're in your early 20's. And your insomnia started approximately 5 years ago? It might be related to the stress of "growing up and becomming independent". These are the years when the reality of adulthood really hits you. Bills now come addressed to you, rather than your parents. It's a very stressful time. Manage your finances very carefully, avoid credit cards, and start/increase your savings. Usually, money in the bank provides a sense of wellbeing that you might be looking for. Maybe, maybe not???

I hope whatever is causing your insomnia resolves....

Good luck!

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
nick sez:
back from the dead eh?
Braaaaaaaaiinnnsssss!
:)
This thread had a few posts in it already...I figured that it would get more views since people tend to view threads that don't have the single-digit post counts!
Anyhow, I don't have insomnia, except very occasionally. If I read too much it strikes though. Ignorance is bliss!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
A bad night for me is about 3-4 hours a good night is 6.

As said deep breathing,reading before u go to bed,clear your mind of thoughts,NiQuil,sex before sleep(when Im at the g/fs) are things I do to try to sleep better.

I lift weights and increasing excersise doesnt really help me.

The lack of sleep usually catches up to me every few months and for a week Ill sleep soundly and about 8-10 hours a night and then its back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks