What's new

Information about westerns? (1 Viewer)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'm not sure exactly what information I am after but I was just reading a bit online about the Battle of Little Big Horn (my great great uncle was apparently there with Major Reno) and got curious about whether or not any films had been made about that battle. I remember that Little Big Man takes place there (I think) but are there any others? Do you have any suggestions for films that take place during that time period that cover similar events in our history?

Thank you.

KamyarB

Agent
Todd,

If my history is correct the Battle of Little Big Horn was Custer's last stand. Therefore most movies about Custer would be your best bet!

Here are a few:

-- Custer of the West (1968)

-- Little Big Man (as you mentioned)

-- Classic American Indian Movies: Sitting Bull/Cry Blood, Apache/Battles of Chief Pontiac (check this out on Amazon) (Never seen this though)

-- Santa Fe Trail (1940)

-- Custer's Last Stand (1936) VHS only

-- Crazy Horse and Custer: The Untold Story (1990) VHS only

Hope this helps!

Ken New

Agent
They Died With Their Boots On is an enjoyable, large-scale western with Errol Flynn as Custer but it is even more fictitious than Custer of the West.

For accuracy (mostly), it's hard to beat Son of the Morning Star with Gary Cole - one of the biggest and best TV western mini-series made.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Wow... thanks for the suggestions! I didn't even know where to begin to search for movies about Little Big Horn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks