What's new

Image Entertainment and GalleryPlayer go Blu. (1 Viewer)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

This is an interesting comment for you to make given the point you are trying to get across. The gaming industry has different formats to be sure, but it is also rife with exclusives.

Shawn Perron

Supporting Actor
Yes, obviously I'm going for serious. :P ;) :D

Anyways, you guys can go back to rehashing why or why not it's best to have 2 formats yet again. ;)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member

Similarly, you didn't see software houses releasing on different floppy formats. The 9" was REPLACED by the 5" which was REPLACED by the 3.5" which have since been REPLACED by CDs. The fact that there was overlap was just a matter of how quickly removable media developed during the time when PCs were first becoming available for the home. And you'll notice, that the formats that remain have the highest capacity.

If you were to apply THAT nugget to the format debate, which format do you think will go bye-bye?

MarekM

Supporting Actor
I am also for ONE FORMAT ONLY :) even if I own both :) but hardly any new interesting movie on that other one :)

Come on Cees :) one format only :)

Marek

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Well, if you ever want Star Wars on HDM, you'd better hope for just one format. :)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I personally know a few people who are very interested but are still wary and are waiting to see what happens....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks