What's new

I'm pathetic. Have a brand new HK AVR 635... (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
...and already I want more.

Yes, I will use this thing until I literally want to throw it in the dumpster (as in, old and worthless), and I will enjoy it, but I am already thinking about hi-end seperates (Parasound Halo, Lexicon, etc.).

It is a sickness.

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
Knowing and excepting the disorder is the first step. I am too far gone to ever come back :). But at lest we can have fun at the same time. Just give in. It will be less painful that way.:D

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If you decide to make a move into seperates then definitely let the first step be an outboard amp w/ your 635 as a pre-pro. With its great processing and room-eq i think it would make an awesome proccessor (especially since it's a great receiver).

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
I have to agree that a logical first step would be an amp. That is what I did. I got a Bryston 5b-ST for my denon 3300.
From there I never looked back. Have fun :)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
While the receiver is amazing, it does not seem to have the gut wrenching dynamics I was expecting (and have heard with seperates).

My speakers are still down for the count (new crossover on the way), so I have not really been able to let em rip.

amatala

Stunt Coordinator
Adding power amps is a great idea.
I have a H/K AVR430 and since I've added 2 H/K PA2000 power amps on both front and surround channels (I am a big surround SACD/DVD-A fanatic) it absolutely rocks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks