1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm looking to get a new HK 520, but from Where?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Art Simon, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Art Simon

Art Simon Extra

I see that onecall has them for $496 shipped and that is good until the end of the month. That seems like a real good price but, I still have some time to shop around.
    I seen some on Ebay but not sure how reliable some of these places are and some are new, open box, reconditoned, etc. Any suggestions what I should do? Or where I should look?
    Has anyone has any problems with the HK 520?

Thanks, Art

2. Jonathan_D

Jonathan_D Stunt Coordinator

I'd go with OneCall. It will be hard to beat the price, even on Ebay (I tried for about a month) and you know you will get the two year warranty. And, if there are any problems with the unit, returning it will not be a hassle.

I, for one, have had no problems with my 520. I love it as much as the first piece of HK I bought almost 20 years ago (which is till in working order, BTW, though the indicator lights burned out long ago). [​IMG]

3. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

OneCall does have the lowest prices on the AVR520, especially from an authorized source. J&R is probably second.

4. Barry.Evans

Barry.Evans Agent

What would this HK compare to in the Marantz line up? Looking at either the Marantz SR5300 or SR6300 but I'd like to buy only what is neccessary for DVD-A/SACD and still be a quality unit I won't want to toss in a year or two.

-bp

5. Art Simon

Art Simon Extra

I just got of the phone with Onecall and ordered the HK 520.
    The salesman said it was my lucky day and I got the last one! They wont be carring this model anymore, and at $496 I think it was a steal [​IMG]
    Thanks for all the replies.

6. greg baker

greg baker Stunt Coordinator

Art,

I received my HK-520 from Onecall very quickly and am very happy with it. It is a very good product and the customer service was first rate. Enjoy your purchase. It is a very sweet amp. Very powerful amp.