What's new

I'm in love with a voice (1 Viewer)

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
I am a design engineer for a small firm. About 2 months ago I contacted a vendor to order some parts. The sales rep had the most amazing voice. She has some magical soothing powers that gives me a "warm fuzzy" feeling every time I talk to her. Of course, it never goes beyond simple small talk, but wow.

Ever happen to anyone else?

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I know what it's like on the receiving end. I used to have a radio show and the microphone I used made my voice sound VERY cool and sexy. I didn't try to sound like that, it just happened. I got lots of calls from guys who loved my voice. I also got lots of letters. My show was on a 100,000 Watt station and was received at the state and federal penitentiaries about 50 miles away. Apparently I had quite a following. I thought it was cool only in that they'd have to listen to the music, which was very important to me (I programmed my own shows), and that's all I cared about. Through my voice, I turned a lot of guys on...to new music.
They wouldn't have been so in love if they'd seen me in person though. :D
Fantasize, but don't idealize. Enjoy!

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
At a job 7 or 8 years ago, I got a big crush on a girl in our London office who had the softest, sexiest voice I've ever heard. She was very pretty as well. I worked w/ her a lot over the phone and in person eventually but I never made a move. I think she lives in Australia now. Drat. :angry:

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
Michael,

Just one bit of advice from a guy who worked in radio:

They NEVER, repeat, NEVER look as good as they sound!!!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
when i used to work at gemco there was a lady who did the announcements over the pa system.
she had this really sulky-husky-type voice. but i worked in the grocery department (technically lucky's) and never figured out who it was. my friend and i would always make some excuse to run to the front of the store to try to check her out! :rolleyes
hey...gimme a break...we were 16 year old boys...nuff said!

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
On a non-sexual note, I loved Bob Ross' voice. He's the guy with a big head of white hair who had a painting show on PBS. He had the most soothing voice and I would turn on his show and drift away into a relaxing nap.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
It happened to me, then I found out it was James Earl Jones.
:D
Actually, I met my wife over voice-mail personal ads...hard to believe, huh? I talked to her for a few weeks before actually meeting her in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks