What's new

If You Had $21.95/day For A Rental Car.... (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I got in a car accident on my way home from college yesterday....hit from behind in stopped traffic ! :frowning:
Anyway, I won't have a car for the way home, so I'm able to get a rental car...the lady-who-hit-me's insurance company allows up to $21.95 a day from alamo, budget or enterprise.
I went to the available rental places' websites, and they say nothing. Does anybody rent cars often? What's good for that price? I'm gonna need this car for 3 weeks, and I can't be seen cruisin around in a metro! (no offense, metro drivers). Should I throw in a couple bones outta my pocket and get a jag?
Thanks for the help

CRyan

Screenwriter
Basically, they set up deals with rental car companies to get you the cheapest car available. So basically, you will be stuck with the Metro or whatever their economy car is. Personally, I would stick with that and use the extra cash on something else.

C. Ryan

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
welp, I got me a stinkin Ford Taurus @ $24.95/day (no offense Taurus owners) to take back to college until winter break.
Now I have to hunt for my car cd player adapter kit :frowning:
I the meantime, I think the body shop is throwin on a totally new exhaust system and detailing my car :)

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
I worked for a guy who used to ask people what the best handling car was. We'd throw out names like BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, etc. He'd laugh like a lunatic and shake his head. "None of 'em handles worth a shit," he'd say, "next to a rental car.
Now that I'm older and wiser, I think I see what he was getting at.
Get your money's worth out of that $21.95 a day, son. ;)

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
I'm 22 and have rented three cars in my life. A convertible Mustang, a regular Mustang (both V6s...) and a convertible Eclipse GT. So, I rented some nice fun cars (2 were for work, one I split with my friend, I wouldn't normally pay quite so much!)
That above statement is so true! I beat on each of the cars for a week straight, what fun! :) :) :)
You've already got the Tauraus, but in my experience if you're not renting at an airport area rental place there aren't a lot of interesting cars too choose from...
Sounds like you're getting a nice deal on getting the car fixed. You deserve it for the inconvience caused...

CameronS

Supporting Actor
$21.95 is a pretty cheap rate. I'd say an average price for a compact car with no specials running would be around $29 a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks