What's new

If I like metal tweeters, will I still like Diva 6.1s? (1 Viewer)

J

John Morris

You can call them harsh, bright, fatiguing or what I call them... revealing, still I like... pure titanium hybrid tweeters.

With that sound in mind, will I like the Diva 6.1 speakers for music or will they sound too rolled off for me?

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
John;

I'm guessing that they wouldn't be your cup of tea. I've been enjoying my new 4.1s for the last week and I don't consider them bright at all. Revealing? Sure, they present a very clear, detailed sound. I don't think they are like the metal dome tweeter speakers I've heard though. That's just a different kind of sound.

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
I think your best bet Mr. Morris would be to try the axioms. The M80s have dual titanium tweeters, and they are very inexspensive. They ship for free so if you dont like them no charge to you. If your planning on getting a whole surround system all of their speakers have recently become available in cherry.

J

John Morris

Hi Jeffs! Thanks for the suggestions and your help! I am happy with my current setup but since my speakers are my oldest components, I guess I am just gettin itchy to upgrade them too. I was hoping that I would like the Divas since I could do the whole setup at once at their cost, and they are very pretty too. I have found other speakers that I've really liked, which used Scanspeak tweeters, but they were just too dog gone expensive. I've considered doing a full ACI Jaguar setup, but I am just too busy/lazy to build the cabinets, and that is the only way I can afford them.
BTW, you can call me merc, or you can call me John, but please, don't call me Mr Morris or late for dinner.:D

Marc H

Second Unit
I find itt's tough to pre-characterize tweeters anymore. There's bad and good metal domes and there's bad and good soft domes.

There's so many good designs of both now that end up sounding the same, clear and natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks