What's new

Icewind Dale 2 announced (1 Viewer)

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Woo Hoo!
http://icewind2.blackisle.com/
I saw the announcement on gamespot, here is the link to their website. I really enjoyed the first Icewind Dale and found it a nice companion to the more detailed Baldur's Gate series. I am definitely looking forward to this one.
Kenneth

Luke_H

Stunt Coordinator
I look forward to it too, however I wish it wasn't using the same engine that came out sooooo long ago. I want something New.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Luke,
The Infinity engine is reportedly very easy to develop these titles on. Black Isle knows the ins and outs of the engine and the reasoning behind the sequel was discussed way back when in an interview with Black Isle. Very simply this is a money maker for the company. The development costs will be low and Icewind II should sell well for them. That is the reason it is on the Infinity Engine:
Low development costs+good sales=good money for Black Isle and Interplay (who as a company are having some problems recently).
I don't mind that the game is on the "old" Infinity engine. At 800X600 it can be downright gorgeous (as Baldurs Gate Shadows of Amn and the Icewind Exapnsion proved). The ability to FINALLY play as Drow is a very very welcome addition. Not to mention all the kit classes that are being added. Very simply I am looking forward to this sequel and if it puts more money into the pockets of the developers so that they can work on games like Fallout 3 and hopefully a Planescape sequel I have no problems supporting it:).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks