What's new

I was robbed!! (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
My roommate got her FULL cd wallet of about 200 discs stolen, it really sucked.
Now she has an MP3 player.

What I don't get is why, without the cases they're worthless. Can't even pawn them.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I had the same thing happen to me a few years back at an apartment complex. They got into my Beretta (not sure if it was locked - I was hauling in groceries and might not have locked it. Normally I locked it, though). 100+ CDs, collected over like 5-6 years. They tried to get my Kenwood headunit (crowbar marks) but couldn't get it out.

They took my electric shaver, too, and a few other minor things. HAHA. Who wants a used electric shaver??? Freaks.

I was pretty upset about it for a few weeks.

Now I only keep CD-Rs in my car. It's a pain to copy every CD, but burners are very fast now, and CD-Rs really cheap. Better than having the CDs stolen.

On a side note, I wish someone would steal the stereo and speakers out of my car. It has Bose :D

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

As the poster who brought it up..

No, Philip, we're not "seriously lecturing"...

Some folks in the thread have said, "Me too."

Some have suggested ways to avoid a future loss.

And some of us, trying to be helpful, have said, "Here is what the crime is called."

A bit of education, knowledge is power. Sorry we offended you.

Henry

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Sorry to hear that Brian. I live in the OC too, and my car has been broken into 10 times! That's over a 12 year span and two cars...but, still...

I now have a removable stereo, and I leave nothing of value inside - EVER. And, I leave it unlocked. At least that way, they won't break a window!

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
well i moved into a new gate community but we only have a two car garage and they wont let me park in the guest parking so i had to park outside the gates and walk in everynight, well i knew it was gonna happen sooner or later...one morning i walk out there and my hood is up, my doors are ajar and stuff is thrown around in the car, i didn't lose much just my cd case, my gym pass(what the...?) and my cargo cover... my alarm activated but that didn't help much since it was so far away...i park inside the gates now, i dont care what they say....what's the point of living in here when i can't even park inside?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

Now that we all have a clear understanding of the differences between burglery and robbery I'm sure neither will ever happen to any of us ever again.

AjayM

Screenwriter

The worst part is that the definition of burglary and robery evidently can differ. In Florida, and just about every other place I've heard about (even Webster's define's burglary different) Burglary is the unlawful entry into a "dwelling" with the intent to commit a crime.

Robbery would be the taking of something with or without force without the owners consent.

Andrew
Just spent 6 hours going over these definitions in the jury deliberation room

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks