What's new

I need some nice pictures of the World Trade Center (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I am in need of pictures of the World Trade Center for a speech I am giving tomorrow in class. I don't want any 9|11 pictures, just pictures of the towers in all their glory before the attacks.

Thanks!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys.
I tried to post some more pics....but they seem to be at a premium.
I was surprised how few WTC "pre-9/11" pics I could come up with via the web. Oh well....
(I had to edit out that last one I had posted, Rob. It WAS visible for a time....then, as so often happens, it turned into a "red X" after a while. :))

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Do an image search on Google and you'll have absolutely no problem finding pre-9/11 pictures of the WTC.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I believe that in every episode of Sports Night (which was released on DVD just a couple weeks ago), there is at least one shot of the WTC towers, and they're pretty good too...except that Disney basically slapped on the NTSC master and didn't care to refine the image much, so the shots aren't as clean as the ones David posted, but they're still pretty good.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
This might be a little far fetched, but I think I remember some classic pictures from the constriction of the WTC. I never really thought that much about it, but now that Rob presented an opportunity I thought I'd ask.

Aren't there a picture from the construction with a worker leaning out hanging on to one of the "steel bars" from the "skeleton" looking out over the city? Possibly with the Chrysler tower seen in the background?

Also, isn't there a picture with a few guys sitting on a suspended steel bar having lunch? It might be arranged, not "real" and I have seen variations etc from different places, but I am thinking there is an "original" one from the WTC construction?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks