What's new

I need advice on a universal remote (1 Viewer)

Jonesin31

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Jones
I'm in the market for a universal remote for my tv/dvr/receiver/and xbox 360. I saw that logitech makes one specifically for xbox 360 but I dont really like the look of it. I am kinda torn between the Universal mx-500 and the logitech 650(i think its 650, im getting confused with all the remotes ive looked at lately). Do both these do xbox/

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think the Harmony remote specifically for the Xbox has a couple of hard buttons that are unique to the Xbox. But ANY Harmony can be programmed to work an Xbox. I chose the 880 because there are no labeled activity buttons. I didn't want my wife to have to remember "Watch TV" meant watch the high def Tivo and not the standard def Tivo. Since my activities are on the LCD screen, they mention the equipment that you will be using.

-Robert

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Just pick a Logitech Harmony that you like and is within your budget. The fact is, there are no other remotes like it on the market. Don't even bother with other brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks