I need a fairly cheap TV :)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan_D, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Dan_D

Dan_D Stunt Coordinator

Well me and my college friends are moving into an apartment. Together we have a Onkyo reciever, some nice Klipsch bookshelfs, surrounds, and a center, im building a sub, but unfortunatly none of us have a TV. As this is somewhat vital to a home theater, im wondering if any of you have a suggestion for a budget TV. Were looking at maybe a 27" Sony trinitron (the one w/o PiP) for about $399. Thats close to the max of our budget. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Dan_D

Dan_D Stunt Coordinator

well after doing a little research i found TVs that are a good price it seems.
    the JVC AV27D302 for $349
    and the Philips 27PS55S for $299
    They each have component video inputs which is a big plus as well as Svid and composite. Let me know if anyone has experience w/ or knowledge of these products. thanks a lot

3. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

In that price range, also look at the Toshiba 27A40 and Panasonic also has a 27 inch model that has component inputs. I have a 27A40 and it's very good for that price range. Toshiba will be releasing the newer models very soon as well - the 27A41, and the flat tube version 27AF41.
    cheers,
    --tom

4. Dan_D

Dan_D Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for that info. The Toshiba looks like a great buy, its my new prime target [​IMG]

5. Rick Radford

Rick Radford Supporting Actor

>>The Toshiba looks like a great buy, its my new prime target

6. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

Yes, the 27 inch A (27A30, 40, 50, and 60) series line of the Toshibas don't have front A/V inputs unfortunately. I recently purchased a 20AF41 which is a flat tube and it does. It'll be interesting to see if the new flat tube line for 27 and 32 inch (AF series) will have them.
    cheers,
    --tom

7. Dan_D

Dan_D Stunt Coordinator

thanks for the info.
    I found another i think ill have to get. the Panasonic CT27D11. It is currently in stock at Best Buy for $329, which is great. The others i was having trouble finding locally and dont want to pay shipping. Anyone have experience w/ this TV?
    ------------------

8. James Reyes

James Reyes Stunt Coordinator

I just bought a Panny 27D31E from Circuit City last week for $259. Excellent TV for the money. I am very happy with it.