What's new

I need a fairly cheap TV :) (1 Viewer)

Dan_D

Stunt Coordinator
Well me and my college friends are moving into an apartment. Together we have a Onkyo reciever, some nice Klipsch bookshelfs, surrounds, and a center, im building a sub, but unfortunatly none of us have a TV. As this is somewhat vital to a home theater, im wondering if any of you have a suggestion for a budget TV. Were looking at maybe a 27" Sony trinitron (the one w/o PiP) for about $399. Thats close to the max of our budget. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dan_D

Stunt Coordinator
well after doing a little research i found TVs that are a good price it seems.
the JVC AV27D302 for $349
and the Philips 27PS55S for $299
They each have component video inputs which is a big plus as well as Svid and composite. Let me know if anyone has experience w/ or knowledge of these products. thanks a lot

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
In that price range, also look at the Toshiba 27A40 and Panasonic also has a 27 inch model that has component inputs. I have a 27A40 and it's very good for that price range. Toshiba will be releasing the newer models very soon as well - the 27A41, and the flat tube version 27AF41.
cheers,
--tom

Dan_D

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for that info. The Toshiba looks like a great buy, its my new prime target :P

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Yes, the 27 inch A (27A30, 40, 50, and 60) series line of the Toshibas don't have front A/V inputs unfortunately. I recently purchased a 20AF41 which is a flat tube and it does. It'll be interesting to see if the new flat tube line for 27 and 32 inch (AF series) will have them.
cheers,
--tom

Dan_D

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the info.
I found another i think ill have to get. the Panasonic CT27D11. It is currently in stock at Best Buy for $329, which is great. The others i was having trouble finding locally and dont want to pay shipping. Anyone have experience w/ this TV?
------------------

James Reyes

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought a Panny 27D31E from Circuit City last week for $259. Excellent TV for the money. I am very happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks