What's new

I must have just met the worlds most chipper employee... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Didn't think hyper was the right word to describe her, but she certainly seemed happy working there.
Almost bounced up and down when saying Hello as we went up with our Bike Purchase. Laughed during most of the time we talked back and fourth, and actually said Bye to us as we walked out, wich I made sure to return the favor. That's a rarity for employees to actually say goodbye as you exit the store, since most only say Hello :). All the while she did this, she was bursting with enthusiasm.
I was taken aback and actually looked flabergasted, since most TRU employees where exactly the opposite. Hopefully it didn't dampen her enthusiasm when seeing my surprised reactionm, heh...
Anyone else come up with a rare occurance such as this? :)

StephenA

Screenwriter
No, I haven't. My cousin worked at Toys R Us for a while, and he told me about his boss. He said his boss made Christopher Lowell look like Sylvester Stallone with the way he acted and the way he sounded. I won't say anything else, because I don't wanna offend any members.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Where was this? Was this the TrU up on Rt 17, I believe? Just curious, I try to avoid Rt 17 as much as possible, that highway is nuts up around Paramus. The only time I'm in that area is to go to Campmor (aka "Heaven on earth" for hikers/backpackers, you can't wire my mouth shut for all the drooling that I do there :))
Rt 17 and Rt 46 in Totowa are the highways to avoid around here.
Jay

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>
Rt 17 and Rt 46 in Totowa are the highways to avoid around here.
>
I should know. That's my former home town up till about 1987. God I liked living there much more than here. Old house was on Azalia(sp). Street EVERY Store you could ever want is within 3 minutes driving distance. That, and about 3 McDonald Resturaunts :).
Anyway, this store was in Toms River, NJ. Right across from the Ocean County mall. Lady should get a customer service award for happiness :).

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
My wife works for Toys R Us. The company has really been focusing on improving their customer service over the past couple of years - I guess it's working!

Although she doesn't work in the stores anymore, she did begin as a regular associate and then got 'promoted' to training manager for her store. Associates are reviewed on how good their CS skills are and, I think this is a rarity these days, but TRU seems to have no problem letting go of employees who don't live up to the company's new customer service policies.

I could go on and on about this - but I won't!

Anyway, Neil V, you should call into the store, ask for a manager and say something nice about that associate. They DO receive recognition for these kinds of things.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heh, I would, but I don't know her name. Have to ask about it next time. Either that, or point her out to the manager when I go in next.

Joseph_W

Stunt Coordinator
Neil,
I'm pretty sure she doesn't work there any more. She has just moved to Florida studying law. She works check out at our Best Buys.

Just kidding, obviously, but I had to check out your post to make sure you weren't talking about the same person!

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks