What's new

I just bought my first HDTV Hitatchi 51S500 (1 Viewer)

Mikey_B

Grip
Well after several days of confusion, I finally bought the 51S500 Hitachi with the zero percent interest at Sears. I almost bought the Samsung DLP but I had a hard time justifying the cost.

Does anyone know what size the CRT's are on this beast? I heard they were bigger than most. I had a hard time getting an official number.

The TV is delivered Wednesday so I still have time for final suggestions. If you see it advertised anywhere at a major B&M let me know as well so I can get it price matched!

I hope that I did not waste money on something that is about to be outdated.

Now I have to decide what to do about my DirectTV receiver and if I need an HDTV tuner. I will decide that next week. I've heard DirectTV may decide to lease the HD Recievers soon.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I know that the 73-inch Mitsu uses nine-inch CRTs, but I was under the impression the smaller models use seven-inch CRTs.

Mikey_B

Grip
I paid 2299.00 for the TV and got a 79.99 rebate on DVD player plus free delivery.

They also sold me a Samsung SIR-T351 for 288.00 which saved me a little ching ching. I tried a bunch of antennas and the Zenith gets all the stations sitting on the table!

I could have actually bought the TV at CC for 2069.00 (2299.00 in the ad last week) but I already have a Sears MasterCard which gave me the 0.00 financing for 12 months with no accrued interest. I wasn't too thrilled about a Circuit City Credit card. I don't think they really help your credit rating as much anyway. Sears would only pricematch the CC ad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks