What's new

I just bought an Acurus A125X5 - good amp? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I got a demo model from a local shop for $650. Is this a good amp and a good price? I will use it to power a Yamaha HTR-5250 until I get a new Harman Kardon AVR 320/520. Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
I have the Acurus 200x3 and love it.. I think you will be very happy with the amp.. Sounds like a good deal as well. Enjoy it.

Robert George

Screenwriter
Kevin:
That is a terrible amp. I doubt you will like it at all. When you get the new one, I'll take it off your hands for $400.
:D

Robert George

Screenwriter
Seriously, I think Acurus makes a terrific amp. I also have the A200x3 and love it. That is a very good deal.
And I'll still take it off your hands for $400.
;)

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
Are you sure that your HTR-5250 has preamp outputs? I thought that only the 5280/RXV-800 and up had the preamp outputs. Thanks for the info. Jason

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
I have the A125x5. Got it during the blow out auctions of Acurus amps on Ubid last year. Very good amp. I have it paired with my new Outlaw 950 and it sounds wonderful. At first I thought it was a little on the bright side driving my Paradigm Studio 40s but now I think it is fairly neutral if just a touch dry. Compare with receivers, you should notice right away that the bass is much tighter then using the receiver's amp. Overall, it is just more revealing then any receivers I listen to in the past.

A125x5 mates well with H/K AVR-320, I had that setup at home for a couple of weeks when I first got the amp. However, I strongly recommend that you consider getting a pre/pro instead of a receiver because your amp needs a good source to reach its max potential.

RajeeK

Second Unit
I have a A200x5 paired with with my 49TX. It sounds really very nice. I am planning to do some blinded tests in the near future against the Pioneer. But over all a very nice amp, runs really cool also, even when pushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks