What's new

I Have A Giant Accounting Exam In An Hour (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if anyone cares, but I am stressed out a little. Here I am, an accounting major, yet this upcoming first test of the semester is giving me nightmares. Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Statement of Cash Flows, T-Accounts, Adjustments, Discounts, FASB, Trail Balances....I've done it all before, but now it's just a blur; I cannot wait until it's over! So I am taking this time to vent my stress to the HTF b/c I know that others have or are in the same position...life goes on.

Hopefully the next time I reply to this post, I will have nailed the test...if not, call the police!

Anthony_J

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a CPA.
trust me, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if you failed and had to change majors.
:)

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I resemble that remark!
One semester of Accounting and Economics, Fall 1988.
BA: History 1991
:D

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
ha!

well the test certainly was do-able...I set my mind to it, and I cranked it out leaving no columns blank. My stress pimples are clearing up already. Anothony..there will be no failing (jedi hand movement)...just alotta hard work.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
good to know you made it through, chuck...
still, makes me wonder if i should switch my major from computer science to accounting (taking acc221 at the same place chuck is at)...but any "real" major will have a lot of work no matter what, so i don't think it would be much of a difference workload and stress wise...
end pointless thought :)

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
There's a nice big gap currently between the needs of accoungting firms for new grads and the supply of good grads.

Granted the current economy has slowed the pace of hiring, but when things start to pick up again there will be a big push to get new people in the door. Bottom line, there will always be good paying jobs for smart accounting majors.

So what class Chuck, Intermediate?

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Cameron, thanks for the encouragement...yes indeed, Intermediate Accounting. I believe I am already hooked up for an internship at PWC next summer. Are you in the field?
Everyone I talked to who had the same test felt the same postexam anxiety. Translation: curved grade ;) :emoji_thumbsup:

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
Intermediate is definitely the weed out. If you can make through intermediate with a good understanding of what's going on, you'll be fine through the rest of the curriculum. I remember my Intermediate final, a killer cash flow statement that only one guy (the only other A in the class) was able to make balance. I still have nightmares about that one.

To answer your question, yes, I'm a manager at another of the "Final Four". I am a CPA, but I don't work on the financial auditing side of the shop, more along the lines of consulting/operational audits.

You've got the internship hooked up pretty early. As long as you do well in the internship, you should be set for a job after graduation (assuming the economy stays status quo and doesn't tank).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks