What's new

I get white specs using progressive output on myRCA RP6001P into a Mits 55907 (1 Viewer)

Kent W

Auditioning
:frowning: I bought two of these units and both do the same thing. If i use the basic component output 480i signal then the picture is ok but when I try to use the 480p output, the general picture has the clarity of HD but these little white specks that flicker in the red to lighter areas of the picture.
Is this the fact that I bought a piece of crap, The guy at the Big Screen Store thinks so...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Eric T

Second Unit
I have a WS-55807 and have had no problems whatsoever, after about 16 months of use. Just based on my experience, I would say that the TV is not at fault. If it were me, and I was having a problem, I would point to the inexpensive RCA equipment before the expensive Mitsubishi equipment.

Try another DVD player and see how you do. FYI, I use a JVC D723, and the picture is great. You can get them for about $200-$250 now.

Kent W

Auditioning
It is definitely the DVD player. I took it to the Store and we saw the same problem on their tv.

RCA SHOULD HAVE TO FIX THIS, and since we are a dealer for them, I am going to raise hell with them!

Thanks for the suggestion on the DVD player, I also heard Toshiba is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks