What's new

I desperately need help with getting to the Home Theater Forum chat room (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I really want in on the upcoming Warner chat, but I didn't have an IRC client (I can't access the chat room through the hyperlink anymore).

Anyway, on the recommendation of a fellow member of this forum, I downloaded and installed IceChat. Now I'm trying to figure out how to join the HTF forum.

I know you need to use the join#(fill-in-the-blank) command. I've tried that, and I've never landed in the Home Theater Forum chat room. There are several chat rooms on there called HTF, but I don't think any of them are this forum's chat room.

The chat is two weeks away, but I need help figuring out the IRC connection as soon as possible. I haven't really been all that good with technology, so I can't figure out half the jargon.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Kyle's right, mIRC is basically the standard. In any event, make sure you're connected to the server "irc.shadowfire.org" before you try to join #htf. There should be some settings somewhere (properties, etc) where you can set the server.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I downloaded mIRC and I tried to get into the HTF chat room. I still wasn't able to access it. Do I have to enter a password to get into the room? If so, where do I get the password? The FAQs aren't much help and I would enter my error text but you can't cut-and-paste.

What exactly do "ChanServ changes topic to 'Welcome to the Home Theater Forum Chat Room (ParkerClark)" and "ChanServ sets mode: +pntr-o John Kilduff mean" and why can't I access the room?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

My time's running out.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I guess why I'm concerned is because I'm the only one in there. Is the chat room only used for studio chats or is it used for regular chatting as well?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Maybe that might provide an explanation.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
HELLO EVERYONE, may I ask a favor of you all? I will be gone during the Warner chat and have wanted to ask Warner a question for some time now. If anyone reads this and gets in, could you possibly ask about the 1974 movie MAME for me to see if they plan to release it, when, and will it be in stereo for the first time? I very much appreciate it. The musical is my favorite (the Broadway version), and aside from the awful casting of Lucy, there are some great musical moments in several songs that Lucy doesn't sing, so I am excited about a dvd version. Thank you.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Alright! There's nothing wrong with my IRC system!

Warner Brothers, here I come!

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Now to prepare my question.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Sorry, I had no idea titles were not to be mentioned before a chat. Seems strange on a discussion thread website, but I do follow the rules, when I know them :). I do have to ask, why is it so hard on this site to learn about this? Had I not searched recent threads, I would never have known about the upcoming chat, and I never knew about previous ones. I have the date now, (thanks Robert) but no time and no idea how to get in. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks