What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Scooby-Doo" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
Add me to the club that thinks Linda Cardelini is hot!
Oh yeah!! :D
I also rented this one, but liked it a lot. I'll probably pick it up. I was a fan of Scooby since the start, and I thought the movie stayed true to the cartoons; simple, silly, but fun.
Shaggy was right on the money, same for Velma, but she was sure never that hot in the cartoons. :D I really enjoyed the use of that universaly hated small character as the villan.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed Scooby Doo the movie for what it was, so in that respect, I thought it was a fun movie. "Scooby" and Shaggy were spot-on and they basically saved the film, though Lisa Cardellini is a hottie.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I brought Scooby-Doo yesterday afternoon at Best Buy & I watched it about several hours ago. I liked this movie. It is a fun movie. Matthew Lillard (Shaggy) & Linda Cardelini (Velma) were very believeable. Scooby-doo was still the same Scooby that I remember. Freddie Prinze Jr. (Fred) & Sarah Michelle Gellar (Daphne) were ok but, IMO, they just couldn't recreate the feel of Fred & Daphne from the Scooby cartoons.

The extras on the disc are ok.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Does anyone know how to get all the easter eggs? I think there's one on the main menu and one on the special features page. DVDreview.com has instructions for the main page, but not the special features page.

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Wow, SMG will do commentary for this piece of crap, yet won't even be on the interviews for her own "made me famous" show that actually has quality writing and acting.
The correct answer to the "show that made SMG famous" would be ABC's soap ALL MY CHILDREN. Sorry to burst everyones Buffy Bubble but she was on AMC for several years....thats where she got her start.

Mike

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Though SMG and Linda C. are nice, it's Isla Fisher who stole the spotlight for me. She's just gorgeous.

MichaelG

Second Unit
I finally saw this last night and I didn't think it was very well done. Shaddy and Velma were played very well though, Fred was horrible (but when has Freddie Prince Jr ever been good in a role?), and Daphne was ok. I think the writing was part of the problem, I don't remember Fred and Daphne being so stupid in the cartoon, at least not THIS stupid.

I am also of the opinion that Velma was definately hotter than Daphne, and I do find SMG very attractive.

One big problem that I found in the story line was ...
in the cartoon show, every super natual thing was always faked by people, and the kids would always be able to explain how they did it to fool everyone else. This movie had 'real' super natural things, kinda takes away from the formula.

If they ever do a sequel please ditch Freddie Prince I can't act Jr with someone who fits the role. Did he get the role just because he was dating SMG? Wasn't he dating her? Anyway, he was awefull. I can see this being fun for kids, but not something I will re-watch.

James Reader

Screenwriter
The correct answer to the "show that made SMG famous" would be ABC's soap ALL MY CHILDREN. Sorry to burst everyones Buffy Bubble but she was on AMC for several years....thats where she got her start.
ALL MY CHILDREN? What? Outside of America nobody knows of ALL MY CHILDREN, while BUFFY is an international hit!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Freddie Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar are now married.

If SMG never did Buffy, she would not have fame accorded to her based on her work on All My Children, her Emmy notwithstanding.

RickBlacker

Stunt Coordinator
I love the movie. I could watch it over and over with my 4 year old. I think I was impressed becuase I never exected it to be a block buster, but rather what is is. A cartoon made into a movie. In my humble opinion, you just can't expect these types of movies to be the next Titanic, or what have ya.
Na, I love it for exactly what it is, a simple fun movie.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks