What's new

HTF new server status update (1 Viewer)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Sorry if there is ready info about this elsewhere, but the search function is down right now, and I was just wondering what the status is on the new server, and if they are going to go back to the other BB software that they experimented with?
------------------
My Website: Link Removed
e-mail me: [email protected]
My DVD Profiler
Paradigm Lover

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Parker is unavailable for a few days, but from what I know the server is either about to be delivered or is ready to be installed. Parker will be going back to VBulletin (hooray!) but I'm not sure if that will be immediate.
Like I said, Packy is currently away so nothing much will happen for the next few days.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Parker had a death in the family this
past week. He will be back soon.
I can tell you that the server is ready
to go, except for RAM that is being sent
to us slowly via overseas.
Once we get the RAM we need, we will be ready
to go.
Also, don't totally count on V-BULLETIN being
our choice of software. AV SCIENCE is having
lots of problems with it right now. It still
is very unstable software.
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Thanks for the condolences. This has been a very bad year indeed.
I just got an email a while ago that let me know that the server is in its finally testing stages. As far as vBulletin, well that is another story and until I feel comfortable with moving us over to it we will stick with UBB. I would love to move us over but there are still some issues with vBulletin that have to be ironed out.
As far as the server goes well.....here is a quote from the guy helping us get it up and running.
"It is, by the way, easily the fastest machine I've ever seen."
And this with only 1 of the 2 Gig of RAM we are putting in it.
Parker

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
sweet.
Is it a linux box? Are its vital statistics public info, I would like to see what we have coming!
Jeff Peake

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Great! Now I can spend my afternoons here...
biggrin.gif

------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Wow, it seems that UBB is finally getting faster. Did you already take a look at version 6.1 Parker? Seems to have some major improvements.
Link Removed

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Just for a heads up on the server. We are still about a week out. The RAM is still on its way.
For the numbers they are:
Dual Pentium 1.26G with 512K cache each, 2G of ECC 133Mhz RAM, 4 18.1G SCSI 10K RPM HDs all hotswap, RAID 5 dual channel with 128M of RAM and battery backup, dual hotswap power supplies running Linux 7.1.
We are also looking into taking our present server and using it for the database side used for vBulletin. The new box would be used for the web server side. That is still up for review.
Parker

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Yeah, it's here
smile.gif
So lets see how it perfoms, looks very good at the moment
smile.gif

------------------
-Dominik Dröscher ICQ: 25318265
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Has the DNS update been submitted, so we won't have to go in by IP address for too long?
Looks great. Pages load FAST now! Great job guys! Link Removed
KJP

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Congratulations, Parker! As stated earlier, the true test will be later when I try to access the SOFTWARE section. My fingers are crossed. Link Removed
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks