What's new

HTF Midseason Fantasy Baseball is HERE!!! (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Anyone here play fantasy baseball? We've got a league of 16 players going full season and I'm just starting up a Yahoo Midseason league as well. 12 teams. Several people from the regular league are not interested in joining midseason. SOooooo... I will open it up to the forum members here, as I know there are a lot that are into fantasy sports.

League ID#: 284419
Password: oar
Exact Draft Time: Sunday, May 25 at 10:30 pm EDT

Draft time is up for change if people need to but I think this will be a decent time, let me know your thoughts.

12 teams
no maximums on transactions
22 players on a team
Head to Head (it's much more fun for everyone involved I think) I'm in a points league in which I'm about 400 points out of it, but I'm in 2nd and 3rd in my other 2 head to head leagues)
I expect this league to run itself, and don't expect any collusion. Pending transaction times are only 1 day, so trades and waivers will activate faster.

I'm still toying with the lineups, but tentatively:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, OF, (any Infield), Utility, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, DL

Standard 5x5 Head to Head league but .avg is replaced by .obp and k is replaced with k/9

This will make things a little interesting I hope. Let me know if you like/don't like anything.

I hope to see a bunch involved. Midseason starts June 16!!

If I've forgotten anything or if there are any questions, let me know!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Paul,

I might join up. But some questions:

Why 4 OF?

Also, what's min IPs? I don't know, but I don't think going w/ K/9IP is a good idea unless you set high enough min IPs.

To all,

I'm also trying to start up a mid-season league, but using points w/ offense based on Extrapolated Runs and pitching based primarily on IPs and runs allowed and small bonuses/penalties for key meaningful accomplishments. It's designed to more closely simulate real baseball results than what I typically see. I posted a little more details in the big baseball discussion thread.

PM me if anyone's interested.

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok i signed up...Another Who Zoo.

i'm dead last in a roto league so maybe i can do better in a h2h one.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Hey good deal TonyD!

Hopefully we can fill up this league with at least 8 players although I'm shooting for 12. Just keep track of the message board on the league home page here:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo....ome&lid=284419

Man-Fai, Yahoo has a default setting of 7 innings pitched. I didnt' see fit to change it. It makes sense that people shouldn't be able to win 2 categories with only Brenden Donnelly pitching for only one inning a week. If need be, sure I'll adjust it if I can. I also added an OF and an IF mainly to add some depth to the league and make it a bit of a challenge. I find that with shallow leagues, people are less likely to make roster add/drops, and trades than if it were a slightly deeper league. The league stays fun when people are active. Three of us are in a 16 team league and were in a 20 team league last year. It's not really an attempt to simulate real baseball to the T, but more to just have fun in a nice casual league.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Hey guys, I am going to have to move the draft time back probably a couple of weeks so we can make this league competitive. My suggestion Is 2 weeks exactly from the current draft time, which would make it Sunday June 8th at 830pm mountain. Please respond here or on the league home page if there are any objections to this.

I want to get at least 2, but preferably 6 more users, which would make it a 12 team league. I want it to be competitive and fun.

Thanks guys!

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
NEW TENTATIVE DRAFT TIME

Sunday, June 8 at 12:00 pm EDT

See the league page for my explanation or let me know if this needs to be changed!

We need 6 more people!! If there are any other forum members that wish to attend you are all welcome, first come first serve!!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
it looks like we mysteriously have 12 teams now.

looking at starting players what pos is this---- IF?

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Yah, kinda like having an draft 2 weeks before the start of the season. It's still not the middle of the baseball season either. Believe me, I wish it started today as I'd already have 3 HR, 7 RBI from Edmonds and Rolen. :)

I would post my lineup but I figure the only ones that check out this thread are those already in the league.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Unfortunately I can't. Yahoo has one full season, and one midseason league available. I could adjust the draft day but not the season start. Sorry Tony.

J12P advised me to open the league up to the public last week because of our small size. I did, and that's where they came from. Just public players who see leagues posted in directories and join them. It was the only way we could get 12 teams.

IF is an infield position. It's a position that can be filled by anyone who qualifies in Yahoo's universe at an infield position. (1b, 2b, 3b, ss). Feel free to take whoever you want in that spot. I think mine is Fred McGriff. a 1b.

John, you had a great draft. As for myself, I found out late that I couldn't make the draft time. I was going to cancel the league yesterday, but I thought that would do more harm than good.

Any other questions feel free to email me [email protected] or ICQ # 121412168

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
What's sickening is that in the Midseason league, my team's performance on Sunday would probably beat the other HTF league teams entire weekly output (offensively).

On Sunday - 16 runs, 6 HR, 17 RBI, 2 SB - and oh yeah, Todd Helton didn't play. :eek:

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
We are also a 12 team league, John, and your O kicks ass. I wish I would have had a good draft. Got lots to do tomorrow.

Time to start thinking football anyways. .... where's Joel and Scott when ya need em?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks