What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time September 2017 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these September Announcements. Enjoy!​
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!

Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.

SafariScreenSnapz001.png

SEPTEMBER (1987) BLU-RAY - Sept 19th

HOUR OF THE GUN (1967) BLU-RAY - Sept 19th

LAWMAN (1971) BLU-RAY - Sept 19th

BENEATH THE TWELVE MILE REEF (1953) BLU-RAY - Sept 19th

GUN FURY 3D (1953) BLU-RAY - Sept 19th

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
When I saw the first 3 titles I thought "Whew, I'm going to save some money in September" then I saw Beneath The 12 Mile Reef and Gun Fury! Twilight Time, you're doing serious damage to my meager bank account.:(

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I have the German disc of Lawman and I don't like it. I hope Twilight Time's disc is a huge upgrade and I hope Twilight Time present the "indiscreet" version.

I've been holding off these past few years from buying the Australian disc of Hour of The Gun, and now I'm glad although I recognise that Twilight Time will receive the transfer from MGM. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I take it for granted that Gun Fury will be a 3D disc? And yes, I'll upgrade from the surprisingly good DVD-R of Beneath The 12 Mile Reef.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Much better group of movies (for me) than last month's. I'll purchase any classic 3D release, so GUN FURY is a shoe-in. BENEATH THE 12 MILE REEF isn't a great film, but it features potentially (depending upon the quality of the transfer) beautiful undersea footage, so I'll trust Fox and TT to offer a fine edition. LAWMAN has good reviews and a great cast. I've seen SEPTEMBER once and liked it. It hasn't garnered very good reviews, and I seem to recall it does resemble a soap opera crossed with Igmar Bergman, but I prefer this completely over INTERIORS and so may pick this up also. (Please, TT, give is HUSBANDS AND WIVES, SWEET AND LOWDOWN, BULLETS OVER BROADWAY, MIGHTY APHRODITE, and MANHATTAN MURDER MYSTERY, if you can obtain them). The only title I will not consider buying is HOUR OF THE GUN which, despite its strong cast, is for me not a terrific movie.

Three westerns out of five September titles. Interesting.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have the German disc of Lawman and I don't like it. I hope Twilight Time's disc is a huge upgrade and I hope Twilight Time present the "indiscreet" version.
Figures, I just got that German disc. Crawdaddy's Curse strikes again! Luckily, it wasn't that much monies so I'll be buying it again with the hope it's the version with more of Sheree North.:) Also, Gun Fury is indeed a 3-D release.

I'll be buying the following:

Hour of the Gun
Gun Fury
Lawman
Beneath the 12 Mile Reef

OliverK

Senior HTF Member

I've been holding off these past few years from buying the Australian disc of Hour of The Gun, and now I'm glad although I recognise that Twilight Time will receive the transfer from MGM. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I take it for granted that Gun Fury will be a 3D disc? And yes, I'll upgrade from the surprisingly good DVD-R of Beneath The 12 Mile Reef.

Lawman looks like an old master on the German Blu-ray but it does not look like Black Hill did something obvvious to reduce the picture quality. So you might want to check how much of an upgrade the PQ will be as I cannot see MGM giving TT a better master:
http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=9827&d2=9826&s1=95358&s2=95350&i=1&l=0&a=1

Of course in the absence of other changes the "indiscreet" version as you call it will be worth an upgrade all by itself.

Upgrading your DVD-R of Beneath The 12 Mile Reef is the right thing to do - my hats off to you!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The Fox Cinema Archive DVD-R release of Beneath the 12-Mile Reef was surprisingly good for one of the few Cinemascope releases that program got right. I'm sure the Blu-ray that Twilight Time is going to release will look fairly spectacular. Looking forward to all of these releases.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Figures, I just got that German disc. Crawdaddy's Curse strikes again! Luckily, it wasn't that much monies so I'll be buying it again with the hope it's the version with more of Sheree North.:) Also, Gun Fury is indeed a 3-D release.

I'll be buying the following:

Hour of the Gun
Gun Fury
Lawman
Beneath the 12 Mile Reef
I already have Hour of the Gun, but I'm going to follow your lead and purchase those four as well.
Great stuff for September, TT!

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Fantastic month of releases; the three westerns will be winging their way to Australia. Thank you TT.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Good lineup of multiple potential blind buys. As I get older I've found that westerns are more and more appealing.

Thanks Nick and Brian.

larryKR

Stunt Coordinator
I have the German disc of Lawman and I don't like it. I hope Twilight Time's disc is a huge upgrade and I hope Twilight Time present the "indiscreet" version..

Does this mean the German disc is an edited version of the film?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks