What's new

How often do you watch your favorite movie? (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Saving Private Ryan is my #1 and yet, I haven't watched it in like 8 months! :eek:
I am interested in Jack Briggs reply most of all ;)
--
Holadem

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I last saw my favorite movie July 25, 2001. I basically cycle through my dvds, and since there are 362 ahead of it in line, it'll probably be a while until I see it again. But that's OK, I like all the other ones a lot too. :)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I don't have a favorite, but I have a few favorites that I watch many, many times:
8 1/2
North By Northwest
Lawrence of Arabia
City Lights
Moulin Rouge
O Brother Where Art Thou?
Help!
These are DVD's I've watched at least 5-6 times. (I've watched LoA twice in one day, in fact!)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Ben-Hur (1959) is my no.1 favorite movie and I last watched it on Christmas Day, I watch it at least once a year, sometimes twice (usually during Christmas or Easter), strangely enough films that aren't even in my top 20 I watch far more frequently, for instance I've already watched Final Fantasy more than a dozen times in the last 6 months.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I watch The Third Man every couple of months. If more of my favorite flicks were on dvd, I'd be a serious couch potato! :D

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I watch my favorite movie (GoodFellas) about once a year. There are a lot of movies, comedies mostly, I see more often. For instance, I've seen Joe Dirt at least 5 times (you know, while I'm doing housework or something) in the last year.

Evan Case

Screenwriter
One of the great (and somewhat sad) ironies of being a film lover--the more great films you see or own, the less you see of them.
Who knows how many times I watched the Star Wars Trilogy and Raiders in my youth, but it's certainly over 100 times each.
Empire is my favorite film of all-time, but I don't think I've actually watched it even once during the past year. 2001 is in my Top Ten, but I haven't watched the DVD in its entirety yet (and I've had it since X-mas '99).
Of the DVDs I own, The Big Lebowski, American Movie, and the two Fantasia films have probably gotten the most play.
Evan

Heinz W

Second Unit
That's funny. I watched Apocalypse Now (theatrical version) twice this past weekend, and Ben-Hur the weekend before that!
My favorite, Star Wars, probably gets watched a few times a year. Like Evan I've seen the Star Wars and Indy Jones trilogies about a hundred times or so each, with Star Wars and Empire more like 150-200 times since about 1981. My uncle had them on tape then and I think I practically wore them out! :)
Haven't seen either in some time as my VCR broke awhile back and I can't bring myself to buy a new one just for six films! Alas, no LD player.
Bill J-
What do you think of AN Redux? I've not seen it yet and was curious to hear what your opinion of it is since it's your favorite film. It IS a damn good movie.
Evan-
You MUST get the new remastered 2001 DVD! Aside from some edge enhancement in certain scenes it's a spectacular transfer.

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Heinz--I've been meaning to. The only reasons I haven't yet are my relatively small TV size (just 27'', although my sound system is quite good, thankfully) and my apprehension that a Special Edition would be announced the moment I bought it.

Evan

Heinz W

Second Unit
I'm kinda in the same boat Evan! I only have a 32" Sony now but a decent receiver and speakers. I held off on the MGM and first Warner release of 2001 waiting for at least an anamorphic transfer and glad I did. Yes, it's no SE but I just couldn't be without this film any longer! :D
I'm awaiting the definitive 2001 SE also, but I couldn't deny myself this cinematic milestone once an anamorphic version was available! ;)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
What do you think of AN Redux? I've not seen it yet and was curious to hear what your opinion of it is since it's your favorite film. It IS a damn good movie.
Well, I have mixed thoughts about Apocalypse Now Redux. I am one of the few people who feels that the French Plantation sequence belongs in the film. The complaint of most people is that it slows the narrative flow of the film, which it DOES do in a way, but it I think it fits in with the rest of the film more than the other newly added footage. I did not care for the new Duvall scenes and the new Playboy sequence because they changed the characters of Willard and Kilgore WAY too much. The second Playboy scene doesn't have anything that was not already in the first sequence, so it is very rendundant. Those recently added scenes, along with a new Brando scene, are the most noticeable differences. Overall, I would have to say that I like the Redux version just as much, because it both adds and detracts. I am happy as long as both cuts of the film remain available. If you really enjoyed Apocalypse Now I recommend you give Redux a chance, although the general reaction from most people is that it is the inferior version of the film. In my opinion it is worth watching just to see the deleted scenes.

Also- I would like to mention that I have seen some additional footage that was excluded from Redux that I feel would add more to the film. Most of the scenes include Scott Glenn with a larger role than the cameo he has in both the original and Redux cut of the film.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I have seen Fight Club, Gattaca, Amercian Beauity, The Graudate, Grosse Point Blank, High Fidelity, Ronin, Se7ev, and The Shawshank Redemption more times than I can imagine. But it depends on what kind of mood im in. American Beauity is my current goto movie. But there was a time where I think I watched Fight Club every other day for about two months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks