What's new

How many HTFers does it take to change a light bulb? (1 Viewer)

John Kilroy

Stunt Coordinator
How many HTFers does it take a change a light bulb?

Answer: 1438

1 to change the light bulb and to post to the board that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

53 to flame the spell checkers.

156 to write to the admin complaining about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this forum.

41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.

1 to state that the author has just signed up, and sorry if this is a basic question, but what is a light bulb?

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this email exchange to alt.lite.bulb.

16 to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar, alt.spelling and alt.punctuation about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we are all using light bulbs and therefore the posts **are** relevant to this board.

1 admin to post that he has made this the *OFFICIAL* light bulb thread.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior.

119 to post that you will get better light from a “premium” light bulb.

86 to post that premium light bulbs are a waste of money.

74 to chime in and post that light is light, it is either on or off.

69 to post detailed physics explanations of the superior materials used in premium light bulb filaments.

42 to post that in double-blind tests, hardly anyone can tell the difference between light bulbs.

28 to post detailed explanations of why those tests are flawed.

12 to post that the rest of the posters don’t have adequate electrical systems to see the difference that premium light bulbs make.

84 to post their system specs, and refute the above posters, adding that they still can’t hear a difference.

4 to post that the above people should take it to PM.

1 post from an admin to suggest that we tone it down or the thread will be closed.

1 post from Ron that links to the rules of the forum.

12 to post that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

1 to post that if Mike Knapp were still here, this thread would be a lot more fun.

4 posts to suggest that writing on light bulbs with a green marker produces purer light.

27 to post URLs to GE, Sylvania, and other light bulb manufacturers.

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected URLs.

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this forum.

47 to post that we should boycott Circuit City for selling cheap light bulbs that go out 48 hours after you start using them unless you pay more each time you flip your lightswitch.

12 people to suggest that we have a HTF Chat with light bulb manufacturers

33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers, and then add "Me Too."

19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
259 to periodically repost this joke, never crediting the source ;)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
hahahahahaha!!

the second post was funnier than the first!! Good job, Ricardo!!

that was a funny joke in 1999...

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Erik, you don't need to order, they come free inside your SVS subs. Just take them apart, you'll eventually find it.

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
How many {insert group} does it take to change a light bulb?

None.

One does not change a light bulb (exactly in what way do you modify an expired bulb?). The correct verb is "relamp".

-Mike (charter member of the Obscure Pedant Society)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LOL Mike, that reminds me of the joke:

Q: How many (insert group here) does it take to change a light bulb?
A: The real question is, What if the light bulb doesn't want to change?

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Or possibly Mike, it would be more simple to say exchange, rather than relamp. It still makes sense.

PhillJones

Second Unit
Surely, 'replace' would be more accurate than 'exchange'. Also, one wouldn't relamp a lightbulb; possibly, one might relamp a light fitting. :wink:

I re-wrote that three times, and I'm sure I probably made a grammatical error in it somewhere.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was just thinking... Sure, you're not physically manipulating it (which is one definition of 'change'), but there is more than one definition of 'change'.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I thought the first post was funny, and the second post was even better.

Although Mark has the most interesting point, what if the Bulb doesn't want to change? Then if you force a change are you being opressive?

Mark Fontana

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
...18 to discuss methods of calibrating the new bulb to 6500K and determine a proper gamma function for its emission.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
And that number would go down to zero if they came with silica gel.

I mean, who the heck wants to screw in a lightbulb that needs silica gel? Moist lightbulb...electricity...Ummmmmm...

BryanZ

Screenwriter
And you have one to ask why the light bulb went out in the first place. Two to say it blew out. And an infinate number to make sure the joke is politally correct. In which case you never should have mentioned anything at all. But then again, a mime offends most everyone. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks