What's new

how does your family (besides you) enjoy watching movies? (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
My family loves-

Full Screen, Pan & Scan, and hearing audio out of the television speakers.

How about yours?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I have 3 boys 2, 4, and 6 and for the most part, they could care less if it is P&S or WS. They like the big sound though. My wife appreciates WS.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Well, my two year old daughter doesn't care if its P&S or DTS. (although she does love the THX "Tex" trailer on Toy Story). My wife has been "trained" so she appreciates widescreen and DD or DTS.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
My wife likes OAR just like I do (I didn't have to train her, she was already into lds before we met), and my 16 month old son is also pro-OAR (he loves watching proper OAR movies like Phantom Menace, Snow White, etc.)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Well, I'm 16 and I live with my mother. My mothers opinion is "I don't care so long as I can see and hear it." so honestly she doesn't really care and I haven't bothered to train her, she doesn't really care about OAR
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
DTS, DD, THX, or even DVD's superior picture and sound to VHS. The other night we went out to rent a movie.She wanted to rent The Verdict which BTW can not be found on R1 DVD and when she said "it's not in the DVDs lets go get it on tape"I freaked and explained to her that we shouldn't go do that and I wanted it on DVD, she said "DVD who cares about DVD"
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
. I was appaled. In the end we had no choice but to get the tape and it turned out it wouldn't work because it ended up having a auto tracking problem (our VCRs Auto Tracking is kind of shitty.)The rest of my family (grandfather, uncle etc.) pretty much take after her. I'm really the only one interested in HT in the family.:frowning:

Danny Knapp

Stunt Coordinator
Hahahahaha...my brother likes to stretch widescreen to fit the entire screen (he prefers pan & scan). My mom and dad watch dvds but don't really give a hoot about them, any which way they will watch them (widescreen/p&s/whatever). My sister prefers Pan & Scan for some reason too. For me..it's widescreen all the way!! I couldn't even watch A League of Their Own on TBS today b/c I noticed the CONSTANT CRAPPY PANNING!
I watch my DVDs with my Kenwood Home Theater in my room with a Sony 27'' Wega. I love it!
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
My dad likes Widescreen and lots of sound, he even has a decent setup. But I think he likes the system at my place better though, he has been visting more recently :) My mum likes movies but I don't think she cares if its WS or P&S. I bought her a DVD player for her place and she is watching more and more DVD now (she is being educated).

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator
An old JVC TV with horrible overscanning (probably around 20% per side) with crappy little bookshelf stereo speakers. My little sister loves widescreen, Dad doesn't care. Mom likes P&S though, as evidenced by her recent purchase of the Grinch, P&S (either that or she's utterly clueless about different format releases). I wasn't there but I hear my little sister was pissed :D.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
My wife enjoys lying in bed watching a (ugh) P&S pay per view rental with a big ol' bowl of popcorn on the 27". My daughter (only 7 mind you and I am extremely proud) will prefer widescreen on the big screen in the basement with the surround on. She will always ask for DVD over VHS (brings a tear to my eye) and wanted to hold off on Wonka until the Widescreen version came out. All lights have to be off as well. My son is somewhat the same (4 years old) but doesn't know the difference yet between P&S and OAR. He'll learn though because so far the fight is 2 against 1. My daughter and I will win him over. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks