What's new

How does the Korean Superbit Spiderman compare to the US? (1 Viewer)

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Hello,

How does the Korean Superbit edition of Spiderman
compare to the current US edition of Spiderman?
Is it a big step up like the SB version of Lawerence
of Arabia vs. the standard LofA or is it a modest
improvement?

CraigL

Screenwriter
Well...apparently you might want to wait for the US edition of the Superbit..complete with NO extras like every other superbit and living up to the title of "SUPERBIT" and....

oh wait. I'm wrong. *sigh*

Andre Espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
I just received my Spider-Man Superbit today with my most recent order from Koreandvds.com

I will watch and post a comparison.

Andre

aaron campbell

Second Unit
Just got my R3 Spidey superbit today from www.koreandvds.com IMO the SB is much better than the R1 release. I also got the Black Hawk Down 4 disc SB set(3 dvd + soundtrack cd)& Patriot SB deluxe. For $59.00 shipped, can't beat it.

Aaron

Andre Espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron - Did you get a chance to watch Black Hawk Down SB?

I was about to order that title but I'm still on the fence.

Thanks for your time.
A

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
Andre, if you want the best video/audio possible, get the R3K Black Hawk Down SB.

You won't regret it.

Tan Ng

Stunt Coordinator
How about comparing to Japan Black Hawke Down. who is the winner? Korean Superbit or Japan?

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
Here is a screen capture of both Japanese BHD and Korean Superbit

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...5&pagenumber=5

Contrary to what the review says, the Korean Superbit wins by better saturation, definiton and black level.

If you can not tell the difference, good. Buy the Korean version and you can save yourself $51.(R2J is $81 shipped, R3K is $30 shippped)

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator

Yes, only the first disc is coded Regions 1,3, and 4. The 2nd disc however, is coded R3 and the content is the same as the 2nd disc in the regular version.

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the person who did the review on the other site used the Japanese SE to compare with Korean superbit because his previous review showed that the Japanese SE WAS the definitive version to get.

You do the math,

Korean Superbit is better than Japanese SE, which is better than Japanese regular verion.

Andre Espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
So I watched Spider-Man Superbit last night and was very impressed with the picture quality and the DTS audio track.

I popped in my Region 1 version (my wife just rolled her eyes) and did see an overall difference in picture quality. Granted this isn't the most perfect method since the picture is not side by side but I kept going back and forth and noticed subtle differences. I say subtle only because if you have a smaller size screen tv you will most likely not notice a big difference. The blacks were perfect (IMHO) and the picture quality was just as good as the HD version that plays on HBO.

It was $13.00 well spent. Plus it plays in my Panny RP-91 so I can sell my Region 1 version.

The Cliffhanger DTS sounded great. Although I noticed 2 one second audio drop-outs. One at the 7:25 mark and one when John Lithgow shoots his girlfriend. The picture quality flucutates from very sharp to some grainy images but I'm not sure if this version is the same as the R1.

Also, I know Bill has supported this title and I will just add my 2 cents but the Ronin R2 DTS rocks! A definite must buy!

Thanks for everyone's comments on BHD Superbit. I will be putting my order in!
A

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I was amazed at the difference in quality between the DD and DTS tracks on the BHD Superbit. Flipping back and fourt made me jaw drop. Definitely a great buy.

aaron campbell

Second Unit
I think the BHD set may be the best dvd I've purchased. I also ordered the Patriot SB deluxe, & Spiderman SB. Very happy to have found www.koreandvds.com. I received my order in 9 days airmail. I just need to go region free to pick up the other great deals they have.

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks