What's new

How do I correct last years taxes? (1 Viewer)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i was finishing my taxes for this year and realized that i made a mistake in my 2004 filing. i didn't claim everything that i should have, so i shorted myself several hundred if not over a thousand dollars. needless to say, i'm perturbed. are there any forms that i can fill out to correct my 2004 problem so i can get this money back? i no h&r block run ads saying that they'll check and correct your last years filings and get money back for you, but i should be able to do it myself. i messed up and didn't take an education tax credit for my first year of graduate school. thanks for any info you can provide.

kevin t

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Just make up for it with extra deductions in this years taxes. Nobody will ever know. ;)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Jeff is almost correct: But, more correctly, nobody will ever care.
Have reached graduate school you have now entered the professional class and can do pretty much whatever you wish.
It would be best not to run for office or make anyone angry. You know, keep your head down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks