What's new

Hoping for an excellent Death to Smoochie Release (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Working in a video store I see a lot of movies. This means I see a lot of average and terrible movies as a result. Every once in a while I'll see a movie that makes me say "I must have that." Death to Smoochie is one of those movies.

I hope that when it is released on DVD it will be a nice package. OAR of course, hopefully a commentary track with Danny DeVito Ed Norton and Robion Williams, Menus much like the Death to Smoochie website, and I'd love to have sing-along option for the awesome songs featured in the movie like 'Friends Come in All Sizes' and the soon-to-be-classic 'My Step-Dad Isn't Mean, He's Just Adjusting'
definitely one of the funniest songs in movie history.

I loved this warped piece of film and I hope it gets the release it deserves.

Steve Signing Off

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
hey im with you.. although i think we might be the only two that liked that movie.. Malco pulled that movie from all theaters here after the first week due to its great ticket sales... i'm hoping the disc is done right.. but i could see this one being a movie only for some odd reason.
:: crosses fingers :: :confused:

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Don't worry Matt, I know at least four other people besides us that LOVED this movie. They would all love a well-made DtS DVD.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Brilliant movie. Loved it, although perhaps the ending was a tad bit too happy...

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I might get the DVD if it includes the deleted scenes that DeVito had to edit out due to bad test screenings, but overall, I'll most likely just rent the DVD as I thought it was okay.
Good to find 4 more of the 20 people who actually saw Death To Smoochy in theaters. :)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
DeVito has already said the deleted scenes he cut due to over the top violence will be on the DVD. My one qualm with the DVD is that it will of course be in a snapper case, when it should be in a bright fuschia colored keepcase like some of the Barney DVDs.

"When we were kids and played cowboys and indians, I ALWAYS played the Chinese railroad worker!"

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Count me in the "Smoochy 20"! I liked this one a LOT!
Here's hoping there's a DeVito/Norton/Williams/Keener commentary. :) Wow, would THAT make for a fun listen!

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I liked it enough. Had a few issues with it, but it was pretty funny overall. And I saw it with Rain, so that's another you can add to the list of 20.

But then, the theater which we saw it in was actually pretty well populated. Alot more than some of the bigger blockbusters I've been to actually (I saw American Pie 2 on opening day with 5 or 6 other people. Of course it was a matinee).

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Did it come out already? I wanted to see this, but had no idea it hit theaters. When did it start its run?

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Another of the 20 here :D. I wasn't blown away by it, but it was good stuff, more good than bad. And more laugh out loud moments than most comedies these days. Enjoyable. Can't say I'll pick the DVD up, but I definitely want it as feature filled as possible...

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
how would one compare this movie with? I know that it's a dark comedy, but dark comedies have been "hit or miss" with me.

Elbert

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
how would one compare this movie with? I know that it's a dark comedy, but dark comedies have been "hit or miss" with me.
One of the reasons I didn't like it as much is that when I was going in, I was expecting a very dark comedy. The movie wasn't that dark at all. The movie has a great premise behind it, but DeVito and the screenwriter don't execute it well, but Williams and Norton are great in it.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Cont me in as one of the 20 people who saw and like "Death To Smoochy". So far the funniest movie of the year.

Surprisingly enough, I was just saying to myself how much I hope that this movie gets a special edition when it is announced and if Warner Home Video doesn't let Danny DeVito have his way just because of the lackluster box office numbers, then it is more proof that home video execs need to get their heads examined. Give me my Danny DeVito commentary. I would listen to it anyday.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Even though I only moderatly liked this movie, if the DVD is a nice special edition, I might consider buying this movie.
But, you know an ending I would have loved..
is that someone else replaces Edward Norton(smoochy) and then Norton turns to a dark side, like Williams, and they both work together to kill Norton's replacement, and that's how they get their tv show together.
Hopefully these deleted scenes will make it alot better...and DARKER:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks