What's new

home theatre customer introduction dvd's (1 Viewer)

Robert McKenna

Auditioning
Does anyone know where I can get the lowest possible price on those dvd's that are custom made to introduce your home theatre. The most expensive one is on hometheatreinteriors.com at about $200 and I have seen them as low as $129. They all feature your name on a home theatre sign and then go inside the theatre onscreen to show movie trivia and announce a countdown to when the feature presentation begins. They also have movie theatre type announcements like no talking, shut your beepers and cell phones, etc. and they have a visit our snack bar segment too.
Can anyone help me find a good price. I would like to buy several so I don't get bored seeing the same one over and over but at nearly $200 each they are way out of my price range.
Another question, can anyone out there produce them and we could sell them on my website?

Jeff Bannow

Agent
What a neat idea ... I think I might try this on my own. I would imagine it probably costs alot to create these though.

Robert McKenna

Auditioning
Initially it might cost a lot because you need a computer science major but just think of how much money you could make once the program is set up. These companies are charging hundreds of dollars for what amounts to putting someone's name in a program and burning a DVD.Take a look at the site I mentioned and you will see they are pretty neat.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
If you want to do a lot of them and you have computer, you'd probably save money in the long run if you bought a DVD burner yourself.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's easy to do it. Hire someone to make your stock animation, use After Effects to insert the name

Once you have the gear, you can make, render and burn in about an hour

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
They all feature your name on a home theatre sign and then go inside the theatre onscreen to show movie trivia and announce a countdown to when the feature presentation begins.
And then everyone has to wait a few minutes while you change discs and wait for the feature-presentation disc to boot up? Even with a DVD changer, you'd still have the delay from the new disc booting up, plus FBI warning screens, menus, setups, etc.--which might or might not be skippable depending on studio. At a theater, the transitions between trailers and promos are fairly seamless. Or am I missing something?

I've always wanted to do something along these lines--coming attractions, cartoon shorts, etc.--before the movie when I have guests over. But the one time I tried resulted in so much down time from changing discs and setting each one up, that it spoiled the presentation.

Robert McKenna

Auditioning
You are speaking over my head. Do you know someone who could do this for me? I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee. I would also like to have a set up where I could sell others a promo with their name. Know anyone who could do this?thanks.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It all depends what you want your entrance animation to look like. I know some people who could do it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks