What's new

Home being built, "whole home audio" and Sonos ZP90? (1 Viewer)

BC2210

Auditioning
Real Name
Brett
Hi all,
So I've come to a conclusion that I will include a Sonos ZP90 in our home audio setup.
My problem is, it's approaching time to wire the house up with audio cable and ethernet cable, and I'm not quite sure how to CONTROL them. We've decided on 4 locations that speakers are going.
5.1 in living room
5.1 in master bed
2 weatherproof speakers in master bath
2 weatherproof speakers on back porch
To me, this seems like 4 separate zones. Without spending $2,000 on a receiver, I would think the only way to accomplish this would be 2 separate 2 zone receivers? But then what about the ZP90, it can only connect to 1?
Would I be better off with a home theater PC and have all wires terminate there? I've also seen people using amplifiers, speakers selectors, and volume controls, etc. but that seems crazy!
Does anyone have any suggestions?
BC

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I suggest 2 single zone receivers. Connect a Sonos Connect to each receiver. Then choose the appropriate Sonos players (amped on one with speakers) to each of the remote zones.
http://www.sonos.com/system/

BC2210

Auditioning
Real Name
Brett
Not sure if Im following correctly. 2 single zone receivers to control the two 5.1 areas? A Connect to one and a Connect:AMP for the outdoor speakers? Seems crazy expensive. What am I missing here.
Wouldn't a multi-zone receiver help out here?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks