What's new

Holy Cow... End of Oct-Beginning of Nov. tv shows.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Think about it:
-Malcolm In The Middle, October 29
-Star Trek:TNG Season 5, November 5
-Babylon 5 Season 1, November 5
-X-Files Season 6, November 5 or 12 (estimate)
Include this and the September onslaught (Trek:season 4, Friends season 2, Stargate season 2, Outer Limits season 1, Mary Tyler Moore season 1 & 24 season 1.) I think it is time I took out a second mortgage. And this does not include regular movies coming out in those months.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
All I can say to the studios is bring em on! :D
ps-Now if only we can get Mission Impossible, more Batman Animated & the Equalizer. ;)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
LOL Todd i totally agree. Between

The Sopranos
X-files
Trek
Babylon 5
Buffy
X-files
Farscape
Andromeda
Stargate SG-1
Mash

Yikes thats a lot of TV show dvd's I like :). The good thing for me is that this year i really havent bought a lot of dvd's. Not much really has intrested me much until now so I have saved up. Not to mention at least these are spread over every other month and in a few cases every 6 months. It helps :)

There are other tv shows on dvd i would try but until some of these releases end ill wait

capt

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Currently I'm committed to the following:

Batman : The Animated Series
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Fraggle Rock
Friends
Malcolm in the Middle
Muppet Show
Queer as Folk
Simpsons
South Park
Star Trek : The Next Generation
Stargate SG-1
X-files

I'm sure this list will grow as I'm considering Mary Tyler Moore, MASH, As Time Goes By, and others. Also, should they announce Alien Nation, V, or Six Feet Under, they'll be added instantly to my list.

I'm starting to need racks just for my TV DVDs.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Lotsa TV-on-DVD coming soon, starting just in one week!
Here's just what *I* want (well, me and my family...think we'll pick it all up?): :eek:
AvailableDVD Title
Tue, 23-Jul-02M*A*S*H: The Complete 2nd Season
Tue, 23-Jul-02Thomas And Friends: Best Of Percy
Tue, 23-Jul-02Thomas And Friends: Cranky Bugs And Other Thomas Stories
Tue, 23-Jul-02Thomas And Friends: Races, Rescues And Runaways And Other Adventures
Tue, 06-Aug-02Doctor Who: The Ark In Space - Special Edition
Tue, 06-Aug-02Doctor Who: The Tomb Of The Cybermen - Special Edition
Tue, 06-Aug-02Jay Jay the Jet Plane: Lessons for all Seasons
Tue, 06-Aug-02Jeffersons, The - The Complete First Season
Tue, 06-Aug-02Sanford & Son - The Complete First Season
Tue, 06-Aug-02Simpsons: The Complete 2nd Season, The
Tue, 06-Aug-02Underdog: Nemesis
Tue, 06-Aug-02V: The Final Battle
Tue, 13-Aug-02Heavy Gear: The Animated Series - Battle for the Badlands
Tue, 13-Aug-02Heavy Gear: The Animated Series - The Dragon's Shadow
Tue, 13-Aug-02Sherlock Hound: Case File #4
Tue, 20-Aug-02Magic School Bus: Creepy, Crawly Fun
Tue, 20-Aug-02Scooby Doo Meets Batman
Tue, 27-Aug-02Are You Being Served? DVD Giftset - Vol. #1
Tue, 27-Aug-02Are You Being Served? DVD Giftset - Vol. #2
Tue, 27-Aug-02Are You Being Served? DVD Giftset - Vol. #3
Tue, 27-Aug-02Are You Being Served? DVD Giftset - Vol. #4
Tue, 27-Aug-02Are You Being Served? DVD Giftset - Vol. #5
Tue, 27-Aug-02Are You Being Served? DVD Giftset - Vol. #6
Tue, 27-Aug-02Dark Shadows: Collection 2
Tue, 27-Aug-02SchoolHouse Rock
Tue, 27-Aug-02Sopranos: The Complete 3rd Season
Tue, 27-Aug-02SpongeBob SquarePants: Halloween
Tue, 03-Sep-02Friends: The Complete 2nd Season
Tue, 03-Sep-02Mickey's House Of Villains
Tue, 03-Sep-02Muppet Show Vol 1
Tue, 03-Sep-02Muppet Show Vol 2
Tue, 03-Sep-02Outer Limits: The New Series: Sex And Science Fiction
Tue, 03-Sep-02Outer Limits: The New Series: Time Travel And Infinity
Tue, 03-Sep-02Outer Limits: The Original Series #1
Tue, 03-Sep-02Star Trek: The Next Generation - Complete 4th Season
Tue, 03-Sep-02Stargate SG-1: Season 2 Box Set
Tue, 17-Sep-0224: Season 1
Tue, 17-Sep-02Young Ones, The: The Complete Series
Tue, 24-Sep-02Beavis And Butt-Head, The History of
Tue, 24-Sep-02Mary Tyler Moore Show, The - Season 1
Tue, 24-Sep-02Nick Jr. Holiday Blue's Clues: Blue's Big Holiday/Dora The Explorer: Dora's Christmas!/Merry Christmas, Little Bill/Rugrats: Christmas
Tue, 01-Oct-02Doctor Who: The Key To Time: The Complete Adventure - Special Edition Part 1 - The Ribos Operation
Tue, 01-Oct-02Doctor Who: The Key To Time: The Complete Adventure - Special Edition Part 2 - The Pirate Planet
Tue, 01-Oct-02Doctor Who: The Key To Time: The Complete Adventure - Special Edition Part 3 - The Stones Of Blood
Tue, 01-Oct-02Doctor Who: The Key To Time: The Complete Adventure - Special Edition Part 4 - The Androids Of Tara
Tue, 01-Oct-02Doctor Who: The Key To Time: The Complete Adventure - Special Edition Part 5 - The Power Of Kroll
Tue, 01-Oct-02Doctor Who: The Key To Time: The Complete Adventure - Special Edition Part 6 - The Armageddon Factor
Tue, 01-Oct-02I Love Lucy: 50th Anniversary Special
Tue, 01-Oct-02I Love Lucy: Season #1: Volume #3
Tue, 01-Oct-02I Love Lucy: Season #1: Volume #4
Tue, 01-Oct-02It!, Stephen King's
Tue, 08-Oct-02Magic School Bus: Holiday Special
Tue, 08-Oct-02Scooby-Doo: Winter Wonderdog
Tue, 05-Nov-02Babylon 5 - Season 1 "Signs and Portents"
Tue, 05-Nov-02Star Trek: The Next Generation - Complete 5th Season
Tue, 12-Nov-02South Park: The Complete 1st Season - Special Edition
Tue, 26-Nov-02Spider-Man: The Return of the Green Goblin
Tue, 03-Dec-02Star Trek: The Next Generation - Complete 6th Season
Tue, 31-Dec-02Star Trek: The Next Generation - Complete 7th Season
Tue, 07-Jan-03Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 01: Ep. 1-01 - 1-05 The Way Back/Space Fall/Cygnus Alpha/Time Squad/The Web
Tue, 07-Jan-03Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 02: Ep. 1-06 - 1-10 Seek-Locate-Destroy/Mission to Destiny/Duel/Mission to Destiny/Breakdown
Tue, 07-Jan-03Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 03: Ep. 1-11 - 2-02 Bounty/Deliverance/Orac/Redemption/Shadow
Tue, 07-Jan-03Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 04: Ep. 2-03 - 2-07 Weapon/Horizon/Pressure Point/Trial/Killer
Tue, 07-Jan-03Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 05: Ep. 2-08 - 2-12 Hostage/Countdown/Voice from the Past/Gambit/The Keeper
Tue, 07-Jan-03Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 06: Ep. 2-13 - 3-04 Star One/Aftermath/Powerplay/Volcano/Dawn of the Gods
Tue, 07-Jan-03Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 07: Ep. 3-05 - 3-09 The Harvest Of Kairos/City at the Edge of the World/Children of Auron/ Rumours of Death/Sarcophagus
Tue, 07-Jan-03Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 08: Ep. 3-10 - 4-01 Ultraworld/Moloch/Death-Watch/Terminal/Rescue
Tue, 07-Jan-03Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 09: Ep. 4-02 - 4-07 Power/Traitor/Stardrive/Animals/Headhunter/Assassin
Tue, 07-Jan-03Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 10: Ep. 4-08 - 4-13 Games/Sand/Gold/Orbit/Warlord/Blake

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
September 3rd is going to hurt.

Here's my list, certainly shorter:

Tue, 06-Aug-02 V: The Final Battle (Hope series will follow)
Tue, 03-Sep-02 Friends: The Complete 2nd Season
Tue, 03-Sep-02 Star Trek: The Next Generation - Complete 4th Season
Tue, 03-Sep-02 Stargate SG-1: Season 2 Box Set
Tue, 17-Sep-02 24: Season 1
Tue, 24-Sep-02 Mary Tyler Moore Show, The - Season 1
Tue, 05-Nov-02 Babylon 5 - Season 1 "Signs and Portents"
Tue, 05-Nov-02 Star Trek: The Next Generation - Complete 5th Season
Tue, 12-Nov-02 South Park: The Complete 1st Season - Special Edition
Tue, 03-Dec-02 Star Trek: The Next Generation - Complete 6th Season
Tue, 31-Dec-02 Star Trek: The Next Generation - Complete 7th Season (Cruel! 2 in one month! ... and Christmas no less)

I need a raise...

Eric F

Screenwriter
Or you could just watch them on TV.:)
They show MASH here at least 2x a day on the local affiliate and I don't know how many times on the FX channel...
Pick and choose baby, pick and choose. I'd gladly spring the $35 for stuff like SG-1 because I'm getting bonuses like anamorphic widescreen, etc. I'm beginning to reconsider other more expensive purchases like TNG, and maybe even Babylon5. Too bad I don't have cable, it makes it doubly hard to decide...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Eric, I like to have them on disc and in my house for viewing whenever *I* feel like it, independant of whether or not someone decided to schedule it for broadcast.
Hence, we eschew cable and satellite in this house, and concentrate on DVD's.
Does that mean we miss some good Cable TV? Certainly, like this one...but it will come to DVD sooner or later. I bet you a pound of Oreos on it! :wink:

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Malcolm in the Middle!? but I don't see it on Dave's list... hmm is it really coming out this fall?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm in the Middle!? but I don't see it on Dave's list... hmm is it really coming out this fall?
I hadn't added it yet...as I stated elsewhere, this announcement really took me by surprise! But Gord posted a news item about it before he headed to VSDA, so I am now gonna go add it on...

Rob T

Screenwriter
I haven't bought any season sets at all as yet. Nothing has interested me enough. My first season set will defintely be B5 season 1 though. :)
I'll most like pick up the anmated Spider-man disc, too. I wish they'd stop with this out-of-context arc stories and just release season sets, instead.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Guys
Do you have any time watching all the dvds you actually buy, since there are so many multiple discs ?
:D :D :D :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
All in the Family: Season 2 is not on this list?
Guys, I am planning to look into this one and Larry Sanders S2, okay? If Gord doesn't return from VSDA with news about these, I will make the calls myself!

Patience. We already new that neither of those was coming anytime this year. They are doing Jeffersons and Sanford & Son sets this fall. Maybe in the spring they will come back around...but it hasn't been long enough to complain yet, reallly!

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Oscar actually I do get through the box sets of shows. I dont sit down and watch them all at once, but i do watch some of them before i go to bed, or if i wake up early i catch 1 or 2 before heading out for the day and so on. Its not as hard as you would think :)

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks