What's new

Holy Cow... End of Oct-Beginning of Nov. tv shows.... (1 Viewer)

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Tue, 07-Jan-03 Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 01: Ep. 1-01 - 1-05 The Way Back/Space Fall/Cygnus Alpha/Time Squad/The Web
Tue, 07-Jan-03 Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 02: Ep. 1-06 - 1-10 Seek-Locate-Destroy/Mission to Destiny/Duel/Mission to Destiny/Breakdown
Tue, 07-Jan-03 Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 03: Ep. 1-11 - 2-02 Bounty/Deliverance/Orac/Redemption/Shadow
Tue, 07-Jan-03 Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 04: Ep. 2-03 - 2-07 Weapon/Horizon/Pressure Point/Trial/Killer
Tue, 07-Jan-03 Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 05: Ep. 2-08 - 2-12 Hostage/Countdown/Voice from the Past/Gambit/The Keeper
Tue, 07-Jan-03 Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 06: Ep. 2-13 - 3-04 Star One/Aftermath/Powerplay/Volcano/Dawn of the Gods
Tue, 07-Jan-03 Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 07: Ep. 3-05 - 3-09 The Harvest Of Kairos/City at the Edge of the World/Children of Auron/ Rumours of Death/Sarcophagus
Tue, 07-Jan-03 Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 08: Ep. 3-10 - 4-01 Ultraworld/Moloch/Death-Watch/Terminal/Rescue
Tue, 07-Jan-03 Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 09: Ep. 4-02 - 4-07 Power/Traitor/Stardrive/Animals/Headhunter/Assassin
Tue, 07-Jan-03 Blake's 7 Collectors Set Disc 10: Ep. 4-08 - 4-13 Games/Sand/Gold/Orbit/Warlord/Blake
Dave,

do you have a link to more information on the Blake's set? I am interested to see some specs as well as to whether there will be a box set for 10 discs.

Andy

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
It's great to see the interest in the Babylon 5 DVDs. :emoji_thumbsup:
Run out and buy them, folks- lots of sales means they will release the other seasons, and we all know that B5 gets better in seasons 2-4.:)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
REPEAT FRESHMAN YEAR: The first seasons of two late, great TV dramas — the WB's Felicity and ABC's Once and Again — will be released on DVD Nov. 5. That same day, the entire run of ABC's short-lived Sports Night will also be out on DVD.
From TV Guide.com

November 5 gets bigger.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I cannot wait for Sports Night! And B5, SG1, and ST go without saying.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This contains everything else I know about Blake's 7 so far, sorry. It will definately be in a box set, though.
Good to get confirmation on the Sports Night, Felicity, and Once & Again sets. I had strong doubts on those! :eek:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Thanks indeed! This was also a set that I never thought I'd see...my dreams are coming true.

Now if someone would just release Freaks and Geeks.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
Simpsons was the only series i was buying, now i will be buying Malcom in the Middle also. Batman TAS if they ever release in season sets or such, but not in sigle discs.

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
August 6 will be my day! Other than a few TOS discs, Sanford will be my first TV on DVD. I've been actively hoping for it ever since TV Land dropped the show from their schedule, and now here it is! The Jeffersons are just a bonus. I'm also curious to hear about All in the Family season 2 so I can have hope for Sanford Season 2!
After that, I need to finally pick up the TNG boxes. I've been wanting them, but I haven't been buying DVDs this year. I'm getting behind on those! And, next year, I'm sure DS9 will be out there, too. :eek:
I'll probably pick up first season B5 if it's not too expensive. It'll be a sight-unseen purchase, so I hope I like it. :)
Finally, can it hurt to list other dream shows for the umpteenth time? I think not:
Leave it to Beaver
Emergency!
Brady Bunch
A-Team
Airwolf
What's Happening!!
Amos N Andy
That should be enough to put me in the poor house. I had almost given up hope for any shows I really wanted a few months ago, but Sanford put me back on track. Now, I just hope for a big surprise every time I hit DVDFile. :D

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Babylon 5 is easy to get hooked on. I hooked my Brother in law on it when he was living with us for a bit. You need to get thru some of the early episodes as it lays the groundwork for future ep and seasons. Once thru the middle of season 2 there's no turning back.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I have "The Simpsons: The Complete First Season" and "All In The Family: The Complete First Season", but there's not much TV-on-DVD that I want right now. I've got "Sanford And Son: The Complete First Season" pre-ordered and I'll definitely be getting "The Simpsons: The Complete Second Season" on August 6th, but right now I'm waiting for shows like "Married...With Children", "Futurama", "King Of The Hill", etc. And even though it probably won't happen, (not enough episodes?), I'd love to see "Son Of The Beach" on DVD.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
"Not enough episodes" may actually help you out. I bet the studios don't mind putting out a one-shot box, like the Battlestar Galactica I've heard is coming. Mind you, I know nothing about the show you mentioned, and especially nothing about the number of episodes.
Dave, B5: It can't hurt to try it, especially if I can find it in a rental store. Even if I have to buy it, I've long been a Claudia Christian fan and can't believe I didn't tune in to see her on a weekly basis. :)

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
So far I am only collecting the FRIENDS sets. I'm a poor college student. Anyways, will ER ever be released in complete sets? Does anyone have any info on this? I would totally think that ER would sell quickly off the shelves. Thanks.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
What's 'Blake's 7'?
It is a BBC science fiction series from the late 70s - early 80s which was very different from the normal fare of that time. It followed a group a escaped prisoners who acquired a highly advanced spaceship. They use it to help bring down the corrupt Terran Federation. It has been dubbed "the anti-Star Trek" my numerous people and I can't disagree with that assessment. This was the first SF show that I know of that had a group of "heros" that didn't completely like or trust each other. The sets and props are very dodgy, but elements of the scripts and scenarios have inspired creators of other TV series like Babylon 5 (which is opening admitted) and Farscape (which hasn't been publicly said AFAIK, but I see loads of similarities).
The Horizon website has been horribly stipped down, so I guess I will point you to Link Removed for more info on the series.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
ohh Sports Night, that is so mine! I loved this show when I managed to catch episodes... this may end up being a good christmas gift for my brother as well, big sports fan that he is. I'm seriously considering getting Babylon 5 I've heard nothing but good things about this show, but didn't want to start watching in the middle of the fourth season. hmmmm now the problem is which of these sets do I ask for, for christmas. :) too many big things to buy this holiday, back to the future, malcolm, babylon 5, sports night, ET deluxe and probably some that I'm forgetting :p not to metnion individual dvds such as star wars, spiderman, brotherhood of the wolf, disney treasures, lilo and stitch, beauty and the beast, monsters inc. lord of the rings 4 disc etc... agggh my wallet is aching already :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks