What's new

Hillary Duff's "Most wanted" greatest hits (i am not joking) (1 Viewer)

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
sadly I'll be buying this as i can actually like the music (also listen to the likes of lamb of god and chimaria as well)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
considering Hilary's albums are from 2003 and 2004, what exactly is to be remastered?

Hilary's dating Joel from Good Charlotte? is she even legal yet? Joel's 26 or 27!

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
wow, you mean corporate artists now only need release 2 albums and they already have a greatest hits discs?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
it's scary that she's coming here... and her ticket prices are more expensive than what Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson were charging. I mean seriously, wtf? Are we supposed to believe that Lizzie McGuire somehow has made a bigger long-lasting impression than Blonde On Blonde or Blood On The Tracks?

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member

Simple economics... supply and demand.

Nowadays quality in all types of art takes a backseat to crap that sells.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
not here, top tix are about 45 bucks plus ticketmaster charges.

also, the lead singer of sum 41 is dating (hell even marrying) Avril.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Oh, right on, man!

I'd be right there with you, too, if I weren't waiting for the high-rez release!

*crosses fingers*

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
bought the cd at target (there's a bonus song on the le. packaging is kind of a pain in the ass (its like "the good bad, and the ugly" se case, just smaller, and the cd is in a little slip cover, which is also tight in the package. I don't have the other albums, so i couldn't tell you what was changed in the remixes, except "come clean" is a Chris Cox dance techno mix. I always have hated "techno mixes" on pop songs since, most of them sound similar, and they take out some of the technical engeniering of a song, and just put a crappy dance beat over the vocals.

John Milton

Second Unit
I bought the Target version today as well. My only complaint was the poor remix of Come Clean but overall it's a decent album. I never bought her two studio albums so it was nice to have the singles on one disc plus her Why Not soundtrack song and her Go-Go's cover.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
i think most of the soundtrack songs that she did are on here as well. (our lips are sealed.)
edit, holy crap, i didn't even realize, our lips are sealed was a cover song! i was never a real go go's fan and only liked "we got the beat". since you mentioned the go go's cover, i did a what the hell, and went to all music, and sure enough its the first song on their first album. (oh and if you didn't know the song is sung with her sister Haylie.

agree about come clean, i was hopeing they would leave that one alone.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob

The day she finds her way onto a GC album is the day I'm finished with them. :D

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

I must have to respectfully disagree with you on this. I think dance mixes takes a lot of songs that I find unlistenable and makes them listenable. Kelly Osbourne for example, you'll never find me listening to her albums but the remixes for "One Word" are delish. I can't stomach Ciara's brand of crunk-r&b/hip hop, but the club remixes of Goodies, 1 2 Step and Oh suck out all the hip hop and makes them enjoyable to me.

Even as a Cher fan I think the Vasquez remix of "One By One" is infinately better than the original (it was even included on her Greatest Hits in lieu of the slow-tempo r&bish version that was on the original album). Whitney Houston has quite a few numbers which aren't all that in album form, but in club form are incredible IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks