What's new

Highlights in DVD Authoring software (Adobe Encore) question (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Hi, I'm trying to recreate a specific highlight request. I have a DVD that uses highlights that aren't 1 bit graphics (i.e. subpictures). I have the Photoshop files and they are using an illustrated "glow" for the highlights. I realize this isn't possible considering the DVD authoring apps won't allow 32 bit graphics as highlight, but they are definitely using it on the DVD...

My assemsment of the DVD is, they are not using "traditional" highlight (i.e. the 1 bit color rollover highlight subpictures). The DVD menu has 2 video buttons and the first one is automatically highlighted. When you navigate down on the remote control, the second video button highlights.

After putting the DVD in a computer, I see that these highlight do not work when you roll over with the mouse. You actually have to click on the next button to make it highlight, then you have to click the same highlighted button again to get it to play the video (which leads me to believe that the buttons weren't programmed as regular buttons).

In looking at the video controller, it appears that the DVD may have been programmed to jump to a different menu (that contains the highlighted button) because you can see the DVD naviagation jump around as you click each button.

Does anyone know how this is accomplished? I only have Adobe Encore, so I have to be certain it works in this app.

It almost sounds like they are using some sort of "cheat" to achieve this highlight since it is quite clumsy on the computer.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I guess it's the "magic" of the HTF, because whenever I go for days trying to figure something out and finally decide to post a thread here, that's when I figure it out. :b

I guess I have to do what's called "menu swapping" where I check the "Auto Activate" button on the DVD menu and have it navigate to a different background which contains the highlight as part of the background graphic.

Now to figure out how to do the same thing when you click on the button....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks