What's new

help with vbs script (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I'm trying to get a vb script to run that will get the Serial number from the BIOS and write it to a text file. I've got it working on windows 2000 and windows XP home but it won't run on 98 or XP Pro. I've uploaded the script if you want to take a look at what I've done so far. Its available Here From reading the MS site and running a little test script it seems 95 and 98 are missing the active directory files so I tried installing them from a Windows 2000 server CD but it still won't run...any ideas?

Kevin P

Screenwriter
What error are you getting in Win98? I don't have any Win98 boxes handy to test the script in. Either something needs to be installed or registered. If the script won't run at all, you need to install Windows Scripting Host. If it starts to run and then fails on a CreateObject, then there is a DLL or something that needs to be installed and registered. With some more specific info I can try to help out.

KJP

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Kevin I went and checked to see what was going on and noticed that the WMI wasn't being picked up by the little program I had so I downloaded the latest version from MS (located here) and when that was installed it worked perfectly!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks