What's new

Help With Home Theater Setup (1 Viewer)

NolanJ

Second Unit
Hi,

I'm interested in upgrading my home theater and have a budget of around $7000.

My room is about 15x20 ft with about 8 ft high ceilings. There's barely any light in the room.

One issue I have is that the wall where I want my display to be is a firewall, so I can't mount anything on the wall. I'm left with having a display hang from the ceiling.

What I would like is a projector, screen, nice surround sound speakers, and a receiver that is capable of handling my hi-def cable box, and hd-tv and blu ray dvd players.

Can anyone offer me some suggestions on parts to accomplish my goal? I'm not interested in purchasing the hi-def dvd players as of yet. For now I'm just going to use my xbox 360 as my dvd player, and in the future add the hi-def players.

Thanks in advance,
Jay

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Probably because this is the wrong forum to post this in, especially since you said you have no interest in the new HD formats.

This should be posted in the 'Home Theater' area. This is the 'Hi Definition' area.

NolanJ

Second Unit
I didn't mean to yell, but I didn't say I wasn't interestd in Hi Definition... only that I wasn't interested in hi definition DVD players right now. I still want to invest in a projector capable of playing hi-definition material.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Fair enough, but the Home Theater area has a couple very resourceful sections dealing with this very subject-- buying and setting up an HT. I was just trying to point you to an area where you should get many useful responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks