What's new

Help w/ Denon AVR2805. (1 Viewer)

asi_a

Agent
I'm sure some if not most of you will know how to fix my problem. I have a Denon 2805 running Axiom speakers(80 fornts, 150 center and 3's for side and rear surround. Everything works and sounds good but I feel like the system is lacking volume for some reason. Is there a way to bring up the volume level? as I said the sound is very clean and I am happy with the setup with regards to clean and clear sound but it definately needs more volume.
Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
We need more detail.

For reference, how big is your room and how loud are we talking about?

You should be able to get LOUD music out of that system.

For reference, make sure everything is at factory default (no level adjustments or the like), and play a FM radio station (that rules out the signal from a CD or DVD player being too weak) - does it still give you the problem?

The volume should go up to 16 - are you reaching this and it is still not giving you a lot of output!?

asi_a

Agent
My room is about 18' x 25' with 9' ceilings. It actually gets pretty loud when listening to FM radio but when I play a disc or dvd it loses volume, now i'm assuming it's the dvd player's signal being weak. I tried calibrating it but I think i'm doing something wrong, I did the test tone but couldnt figure out how to bring up the volume on the speakers while performing the test tone. I will try a better dvd player and see if it makes any difference. I will also go out and buy a sound level meter so that I can tell you the sound levels i'm getting. What is SPL? Thanks for all your help so far.

asi_a

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
No problem. Keep playing.

Again, we need to know if you are expecting TOO much, or if something is going on.

I sell the 2805's and even with less than efficent speakers, they CRANK.

Shiu

Second Unit
Your room is quite large, and those Axioms are 4 ohm speakers, so be very careful when you crank the volume up. I strongly suggest you set the receiver to factory default settings, and then play a DVD disc before you do any calibration. If it is like the 3805, to return the settings to default you have to press two buttons together, I cannot remember which two but it should be in the instruction manual.

Again, be careful with those 4 ohm speakers. The Denon can do it but not at abnormally loud level for too long.

asi_a

Agent
i'll get to that in the next coulpe of days. I'll post the results asap. Just kinda busy finishing up the rest of the house. I also don't yet have a sub, i'm sure that's got something to do with the sound but I tried like 3 different subs and got no bass. I've read so many reviews and I think the HSU VTF-3MK2 might deliver some bass, so far from the review off of this forum it's a sure thing, would you agree or advise on something better? Thanks again for your help fellas.

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
To reset my Denon 1804, you unplug the unit, press A and B speaker buttons on the front of the receiver and hold. Then plug the unit back in. Continue to hold for about 2 seconds and release.
My room is just about the same dimensions as you and my receiver is only 90 watts by 6. I never need to go above -10.

asi_a

Agent
The DVD player is maybe 2-3 years old and pretty much a basic progresive scan dvd player so i assume it is weakening the signal. I guess i'll find out tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks